what 380 pistol should i get - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > what 380 pistol should i get

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

TreeHugger,
Sorry it took so long to get back. These things were backorder all over the country. I work at a LGS / Shooting Range (yes, dream job) and I searched every distributer/supplier that we deal with and came up empty. I finally found a shop in GA that had ONE in stock. He shipped to my our shop in AZ and I spent the rest of that day dancing! It just arrived.

Two months ago they were readily available, now not so much. The other P238's are mixed availability. We just got 3 with the white grips into our display case.

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #42

Ruger lcp nothing compares

Old 05-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #43

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I had a Ruger LCP, and didn't like it. After I put some rounds through it, I determined that it was too skinny for my big hands, and tended to jump around too much when it recoiled. I sold it, and bought a Bersa Thunder 380 with the Rubber Wraparound Grip, which is much meatier to hold. It's a great shooting pistol, extremely comfortable, and is my BUG.

As for the Sights being a bit small, I fixed the 3-Dots with 3 Drops of White Model Paint, making the Dots bigger, using a Straight Pin. Worked like a charm!

This is a couple of web pics, identical to what mine looks like. It's shown with the Rubber Wraparound Grip.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 06-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #44

Bersa thunder 380 get the duo tone or the blued with the silver accents there great guns feel good in your hand quite a few accessories available very accurate and cheaper than almost anything else and better than most if your not set on 380 I would suggest the bersa thunder ultra compact 9 its practically the same a the 380 little bigger but feels great and its a more common round as well and its alot easier to take down I have the 9 my self and I love it just a little more than the 380

Old 06-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #45
dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltec
I would like some opinions on that you all think is the best 380 pistol?
Been looking myself and everything points towards the Sig 238. However, I like DAO pistols instead. For example, I own a Sig P290 and would never buy a P938. I don't trust the cocked and locked condition for ccw. For me its is pull the gun and go without any extra efforts. My Glock and me P290 are just like that. Another subject is the trigger pull, the recoil and accuracy. From what I read and see in YouTube it is the P238 which performs the best. I wonder if Sig will consider a .380 P290RS model. Wonder if Glock will ever get into the .380 caliber. Sometimes you need a smaller handgun. In 9mm P290 is as small as the P238. Too many people don't realize that.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #46

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiker View Post
TreeHugger,
Sorry it took so long to get back. These things were backorder all over the country. I work at a LGS / Shooting Range (yes, dream job) and I searched every distributer/supplier that we deal with and came up empty. I finally found a shop in GA that had ONE in stock. He shipped to my our shop in AZ and I spent the rest of that day dancing! It just arrived.

Two months ago they were readily available, now not so much. The other P238's are mixed availability. We just got 3 with the white grips into our display case.
Glad you were able to get your hands on one! And from Georgia, too!

It's a fine weapon, and I know your wife will enjoy and appreciate it. My wife's has run flawlessly.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 06-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I love my sig P238,, HATE my lcp but opinions are like ,, well you know

Old 06-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #48

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

I love the the ruger Lcp. it's kind if a copy of the p3at but it has some improvement. Stay away from the IO inc. hellcat.its has no safeties of any kind! No drop safety or anything. When you do ccw, you must carry it with an empty chamber. To make matters worse, it cost very little less than the LCp, like only $25.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #49

Colt mustang!!