Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Walther ppq m2 bought (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/walther-ppq-m2-bought-106313/)

FernandoTheCommando 04-19-2014 01:28 AM

Walther ppq m2 bought

Just filled out the paperwork for a walther ppq m2. Pretty excited to get my hands on it next weekend. I've heard and read nothing but good things and it'll be nice to be the guy at the range who's polymer pistol isn't a glock or m&p. All great pistols, but I wanted to be different and this pistol definetly fits the bill for "different", especially the grip shape. Pics to come.

SSGN_Doc 04-19-2014 02:22 AM

Congrats. Looking forward to a review. Hopefully different is good.

Shoobee 04-19-2014 03:02 AM

My next gun will be a Walther PPK.

I prefer the visible external hammer.

FernandoTheCommando 04-19-2014 03:11 AM

Ppk is a classic, but I wanted a duty size pistol. I'm teaching my wife to shoot semi autos with it and I felt that A full size 9mm would be less felt recoil and follow up shots would be quicker. Well, at least that's what I told her lol. In reality I held the gun yesterday, thought it felt great, and went back to buy it today. Had my wife in tow with that gripping story of how great it would feel when she shot it. Hopefully all the good reviews hold true. Either way, it should be a great addition to the collection.

CardiacColt68 04-19-2014 03:37 AM

PPQ M2 is a sweet gun. I am an old school, give me a steel 1911 guy. But I bought a PPQ M2 about 6 months ago just to have one polymer high capacity 9mm. I thought that if nothing else it would make a good, less expensive range gun. But it is much more accurate, and much more fun than I ever expected. IMO you will love it.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

JW357 04-19-2014 06:58 PM

Congrats! Anxiously awaiting pics so that the validity of your post can be proven. ;)

FernandoTheCommando 04-19-2014 07:26 PM

I pick it up next Saturday :)

SSGN_Doc 04-19-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando (Post 1562203)
I pick it up next Saturday :)

I had to wait form my M&P. That 's the hard part.

jjones45 04-19-2014 11:48 PM

You won't be disappointed, trust me. The ppq is regarded as the best striker fired polymer pistol by lots of people who have shot one. I have glock and m&p and my ppq can shoot circles around them both. They are all good guns, but the ppq's trigger reset and ergonomics make it a better pistol for ME. The only gripe I have with it is if you carry it iwb the two roll pins on the back of the grip will most certainly rust. If you carry owb or don't carry it at all this will not be an issue. Still to this day my glock 23 is the only gun I have owned that has not rusted when everyday carrying and I have carried a lot of brands of pistols

Never enough guns or ammo

FernandoTheCommando 04-20-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjones45 (Post 1562390)
You won't be disappointed, trust me. The ppq is regarded as the best striker fired polymer pistol by lots of people who have shot one. I have glock and m&p and my ppq can shoot circles around them both. They are all good guns, but the ppq's trigger reset and ergonomics make it a better pistol for ME. The only gripe I have with it is if you carry it iwb the two roll pins on the back of the grip will most certainly rust. If you carry owb or don't carry it at all this will not be an issue. Still to this day my glock 23 is the only gun I have owned that has not rusted when everyday carrying and I have carried a lot of brands of pistols

Never enough guns or ammo

Good to know. All the reviews I've read have said all of those things and more. I'm excited to get some rounds down range. Maybe if I carried it I could just oil up those pins a little bit to prevent rust. I didn't buy it with the intent of carrying it, but who knows what'll happen haha.