Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Walther ppq (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/walther-ppq-82750/)

cbrend 01-29-2013 02:43 AM

Walther ppq

All apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong area.

I've been looking for my first handgun for awhile. Doing research, went to my range and rented a bunch of different handguns. There was one that fit my hand like it was made for me. I shot it the most comfortably, the most accurately etc.

The problem, is that I can't find a walther ppq new Nywhere. Gunbroker had Ome, but more than I wanted to pay.

Amy suggestions on where to look? Or should I just move on and find a new option for my first handgun. I can always buy a ppq later if the option arises.

cbrend 01-29-2013 02:44 AM

Damn typos. Typing on a phone clearly not my strong suit.

I appreciate any info, suggestions anyone may have.

drvsafe 01-29-2013 11:48 PM

I think everything is going to be a bit pricey today...if you can even find what you're looking for. So it's up to you. If you're hot for it and don't want to wait you gotta bite the bullet and buy it if not then you can wait for the market to cool down a bit.

Jtelli71 01-29-2013 11:56 PM

Try grabagun.com

I bought my walther pps from them. Even though it was out of stock they found me one. This was a few.months back before all the panic buying. The PPQ is a sweet gun...good luck....

cbrend 01-30-2013 12:13 AM

Thanks you two.

I'm not so determined that this is the ONLY gun for me, but it is the one I want. I'm also not willing to pay a $300-500 markup. So ill keep my feelers out there and start looking for other options to buy sooner.

Ill check grabagun. Thanks again

sparky80 01-30-2013 09:50 AM

If you really want the original with the paddle mag release, I would buy asap. The new M2 version has a button mag release and is the only one the new Walther is going to import.

cbrend 01-30-2013 07:45 PM

Pretty amusing. Not long at all after I replied yesterday, we found a ppq in .40 locally. An hour drive later, I bought my first handgun.

It's the original with the paddle style mag release which I really enjoy. (Plus my wife, who's lefty can use it easily as well).

Anyways, appreciate the responses. Going to go "get to know" my new beauty.

Jtelli71 01-31-2013 12:02 AM

Post some pics and a range review. The PPQ is a really nice gun....

Byron0022 01-31-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrend
Pretty amusing. Not long at all after I replied yesterday, we found a ppq in .40 locally. An hour drive later, I bought my first handgun.

It's the original with the paddle style mag release which I really enjoy. (Plus my wife, who's lefty can use it easily as well).

Anyways, appreciate the responses. Going to go "get to know" my new beauty.

Awesome. I've been wanting one for a year now but they are hard as hell to find in stock. Congrats.

cbrend 02-02-2013 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

Took it out to the range Thursday and put a couple boxes of ammo through her. The .40 definitely jumps a bit more than the 9mm (the ppq I rented previously was 9mm) but not such a bad thing. It is a sweet sweet gun. Wife took her turn with it as well and enjoyed it too. She's funny bc she's partial to revolvers (she grew up on her Dad's .357 s&w) but even she couldn't deny enjoying the ppq.

Love the trigger on this. It was one of the reasons I chose this one.

Sights are nice, believe they are meant for quick acquisition of target, and that's exactly how I found them - easy to get generally on target fast at short distances (15-25 ft) but maybe not bullseye accurate at longer distance (40+ ft) Then again, I'm not the most experienced shooter so it may just be me needing some time
and practice.

Field stripping and cleaning were a breeze.

Overall...I can't wait to get out and shoot again!

Attachment 82983