Walther PPKS vs Bersa Thunder in 380 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Walther PPKS vs Bersa Thunder in 380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

One FTF in a new gun is not a deal breaker.
Mini mags are the ammo of choice for my 22.
From the target photos you don't seem to have an accuracy problem.
The Bersa's get better as you break them in.

How well did your wife fire the 380 and 22 now that you have the ammo figured out?

Old 06-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by group17 View Post
One FTF in a new gun is not a deal breaker.
Mini mags are the ammo of choice for my 22.
From the target photos you don't seem to have an accuracy problem.
The Bersa's get better as you break them in.

How well did your wife fire the 380 and 22 now that you have the ammo figured out?
Most definitely.. A single misfeed is fine.. No FTFs on the 380 at all. The target was actually just the 22LR hence the accuracy. Groupings weren't quite so tight with the 380 but good enough that the guy in the lane next to me complimented the gun. It shoots much better than I do. My *only* nitpick about the 380 was that there's some nickel flaking off the hammer.

The wife enjoyed shooting the 22LR. She hasn't tried the 380 yet. She did ask me to pick up the Walther because she wants to shoot both before she decides.

In any case, you are correct that they need some breaking in especially the Thunder 22. It feels like a proper handgun and I'm very impressed with the accuracy and precision. Heck, both my left and right handed attempts were acceptable (the top left target was leftie).

Old 06-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindOldMan View Post
Most definitely.. A single misfeed is fine.. No FTFs on the 380 at all. The target was actually just the 22LR hence the accuracy. Groupings weren't quite so tight with the 380 but good enough that the guy in the lane next to me complimented the gun. It shoots much better than I do. My *only* nitpick about the 380 was that there's some nickel flaking off the hammer.

The wife enjoyed shooting the 22LR. She hasn't tried the 380 yet. She did ask me to pick up the Walther because she wants to shoot both before she decides.
Bersa is not the only ammo sensitive pistol on your list. Read this on the one your wife covets at almost twice the cost.

Walther PPK/S jamming problem...

Old 06-14-2011, 03:09 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by group17 View Post
Bersa is not the only ammo sensitive pistol on your list. Read this on the one your wife covets at almost twice the cost.

Walther PPK/S jamming problem...
I'm of two minds about it..

I don't really mind breaking in a gun. I also don't mind guns that need a bit of TLC every so often. I think there's a good lesson in discipline to have to clean and *maintain* a firearm. If a gun shoots really well, then maintenance is the price to pay. If it's a so-so shooter then maintenance makes me annoyed

I like my recent purchases. The 22 shoots beautifully and for that I can excuse that it's finicky with ammo.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:57 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindOldMan View Post
I just put an order in for the PPKS. Looking forward to it...
Cool Just don't be gentle with the slide. Let the slide slap back when first racking a round. It will get better the more you shoot it. The Germans are know for tight precision fit.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 06-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007BondJamesBond007 View Post
Cool Just don't be gentle with the slide. Let the slide slap back when first racking a round. It will get better the more you shoot it. The Germans are know for tight precision fit.
thanks, i really appreciate that tip!