Walther PPK - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Walther PPK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 07:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Anyone have any complaints about the PPK?

Yeah, it's not 9mm and I don't have one!

Old 05-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #12

I have a stainless PPK/S .380 with no problems to report.
Has anyone sent theirs back for the recall?

Old 06-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #13

I had a Walther PPK many years ago, but the ammo for it was either unavailable or expensive. We'r talking about .380 acp of course. I traded it for a compact S&W 9mm and never looked back.

If my memory serves, that Walther was really accurate and easy to master. The S&W 469 took a little more practice (as it is very light for a 9mm imho) but it paid back in firepower and confidence (back then I carried 124 grain Winchester Silvertips).

Old 06-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #14

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

I have a PA-63,which is a PP clone made in Hungary and chambered in 9x18 makarov,which is a bit more powerful than .380 and has good penetration in standard ball format.
The PA is no where near as refined as the 'real thing' tho.

The PP,or Police Pistol, has been copied all over Europe and in the Eastern Bloc especially-like the Polish P-64 'Radom',which is pretty much a Walther PPK.
The Makarov proper -the actual Pistolet Makarov- or PM,was inspired by the Walther PP.So the 'family tree' of the basic design has successful off-springs and clones much like John Brownings timeless designs.

They do say mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery.

I've heard that some of the older Walthers have issues feeding hollowpoint ammo,but my only actual experience with this is my PA-63,its magazine doesnt like wide ogive hollow points.I feed it ball anyway,as I dont really trust JHP to have adequate penetration in these calibers.

Walther PP series pistols are fine guns and much to the contrary of those that believe that the newer composite framed pocket guns that can hold more rounds and/or chamber something 'bigger' are 'better',I believe they represent an elegant and time proven design that the 'new' stuff just doesn't hold a candle to.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 06-17-2010 at 09:26 PM.