Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Walther PK380 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/walther-pk380-66944/)

JustinM 06-23-2012 07:54 AM

Walther PK380

I think I'm going to get a Walther PK380. Anyone have one?

gmlogmd7 06-23-2012 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My wife has one and loves it! I even enjoy shooting it (except that its pink lol) Very accurate gun though easily concealable and decent sights!

JustinM 06-24-2012 09:55 AM

I'll probably just go with black lol. I have seen very few bad reviews on it. This is my first handgun I've ever purchased. I've shot many and was in the military. I'm looking to conceal it and it felt good in my hand and cabelas.

gmlogmd7 06-25-2012 04:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes I agree this gun would be and excellent concealed carry. If your looking for a good holster I custom make them out of kydex. So I could make you whatever holster you wanted for an acceptable fee, like the one in my pic above or one like I attached below for example. I usually charge $40 for a fullsize or $25 for an IWB only. Just let me know if your interested.

JustinM 06-26-2012 05:25 AM

Okay I'll keep in mind. They look good. I'm getting the gun next month so I'll let you know.

ellwood45c 06-26-2012 10:46 AM

A friend of mine bought one for her 15 year old daughter, sage loves it and is extremley accurate with it. It was the first gun i talked my wife into trying and she liked it, very good gun fun for me to shoot. After about 2000 rounds no issues at all.

JustinM 06-27-2012 09:06 AM

I hear it's a pretty dirty round to shoot. Is that true?

ellwood45c 06-27-2012 10:36 AM

It's not to bad the only problem we had was when i made some reloads for them. I used universal powder and that stuff was dirty. But she was buying WWB and federals with no real trouble.

utf59 06-27-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinM (Post 850871)
I hear it's a pretty dirty round to shoot. Is that true?

In my experience (FWIW) the dirtiness is more a function of the type of gun than the round. My wife has a PPK/S, and it shoots very dirty. But I believe that's because it's a blowback action and not because of the .380 round.

I have shot a friend's PK380, and it was a good gun. I didn't pay attention to whether it was a blowback action pistol or not, and since I didn't have to clean it (:D) I don't know how dirty it got. It was a bit small in my hand, but of course you aren't going to shoot it with my hand.

If you like Walthers and are still looking around, you might also look at the Walther PPS.

ETA: If you do like the PK380, you might also think about picking up a P22. It's very similar to the PK380 and it makes for cheap practice that will carry over to your defense gun. Look around and get opinions on those, too, because they vary widely.

JustinM 06-28-2012 05:58 AM

I originally wanted the p22 just to shoot around due to the cheap rounds. I held it an it felt too small then I decided to get something I can carry as well and since I liked the p22 my friend had so much I looked into the pk380 and it feels great in my hands. I appreciate all the input. Thanks a lot!