Walther PK 380 RECALL

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Walther PK 380 RECALL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 49 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Default Walther PK 380 RECALL

Just talked to my brother in-law who is a home based gun dealer,he wanted to make sure that my 380 wasn't on the recall list, and I wanted to make sure that anyone having one on this forum were apprised of the potential problem also.
Here is the info for those of you who own one.

Quote:
Press release from Walther USA:

During an internal quality review, Carl Walther GmbH has identified a condition that may exist in certain PK380 pistols which may permit a round to be discharged if the trigger is pulled, despite engagement of the manual safety. Walther has found that engagement of the manual safety may not prevent firing of a chambered round when the trigger is pulled . . .

This recall applies to Walther PK380, .380 ACP pistols manufactured by Carl Walther GmbH from May through September 2012, which have a serial number range from PK101201 to PK112155.

STOP USING YOUR PISTOL AND RETURN IT TO WALTHERAMERICA AT ONCE.

Any unintended discharge of a firearm has the potential to cause injury, and we ask that you stop using your pistol until we have an opportunity to inspect it to make certain that there is no condition which will allow the pistol to discharge with the safety engaged.

To facilitate the inspection and repair, if necessary, of your pistol, please contact Waltheramerica’s customer service department at 1-800-713-0356 to receive instructions and a call tag for the return of your pistol to Waltheramerica.

Additional information will be posted on Waltheramerica.com. If you have any questions about this recall, please contact Waltheramerica at 1-800-713-0356.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-16-2012, 04:49 AM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I don't have one but thanks for posting it.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

i own one and i thank you. this also helps support my position on smith and wesson . and since s&w has absorbed walther and is stamping their name on the walther product, the quality is suspect . s&w has ruined the good name of walther because of quality control issues like this. this is not the first re-call nor will it be the last until s&w straightened out their act