You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Walther CCP?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

Default Walther CCP?

Anyone have a CCP? If so what do you think of it?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2015, 03:43 AM   #2

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

The easiest gun to rack of any tried very, very precise. Recoils light. No problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-05-2015, 01:55 PM   #3

Liked 385 Times on 306 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Bottom line is You have to decide for your self ! What others think means little . They all work well for many and there will always be a problem or two with a few .

Old 05-13-2015, 10:31 AM   #4

I just acquired a new ccp. Had they let me dry fire it there is no way I would have bought it. Very grabby and sticky even though it is well lubricated. Even kids toys have better triggers. My question is are they all this way or is this particular pistol defective.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #5

I called customer service and was told that the trigger on the ccp was designed to be the way it is. That their research indicated that this was safer and that the pistol was meant for close range stressful situations.
I told him that I could not accept that they would put a product this bad on the market, and asked if their was a way for me to file a complaint to that effect. At which point he basically said no.
So I went on their web sight and used that medium to repeat my complaint about the pistol. I soon afterwards received an email from another person saying that they felt that there must be something wrong with my pistol. That the pull is supposed to be long and smooth, not sticky, and that they wanted their gunsmiths to take a look at it.
I have seen other (unbiased) reviews that complained of the same problem with the ccp trigger. So now we will see if mine is defective or if they really did design it to be this bad.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:16 PM   #6

My ccp is not n it's way back from customer service, and should be here in a few days. Turn around time has been shorter than expected.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:17 PM   #7

It is on its way back. (Damn spell checker)

Old 06-06-2015, 01:47 PM   #8

Liked 323 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 355

For me, the trigger is the #1 thing I must check and approve of before I buy a gun. It has more affect on how I shoot and therefore my confidence and enjoyment than about any other attribute. Other things are important like site window, grips appearance etc but they are secondary. My wife purchased an M&P Bodyguard and is having buyers remorse because of the stiff, 14# double action only trigger. I would not have bought it as my hands are too big for the length of trigger pull. Live and learn. That is the kind of mistake we typically only make once

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
-Albert Einstein

Old 06-12-2015, 07:30 AM   #9

Ccp arrived yesterday from customer service. Trigger is better, but still not comparable to the triggers on other semiautomatic pistols on the market today. I am hoping that after it is broke in that the trigger will improve.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:05 AM   #10

The trigger on the ccp in my opinion ruins what could otherwise be an exceptional and unique handgun. I also don't like having to use a special tool to break it down. It is the only firearm I know of that requires this. And this combined with the trigger makes me wonder if the company should have put more R&D into this firearm before putting it on the market. It doesn't reflect what I have seen in other Walther products like the PPQ, PPK, and P99. Almost like it is not really a Walther.