The waiting period.... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The waiting period....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 02:47 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d

Well now its an army! I got a top notch sniper behind me..err somewere i dont know were though hes in the mountains somewere i have no idea though. Damn those guillie suits hehe oh yeah and the expert training of the worlds top sniper school run by non other than the us army.
I didn't say I was gonna hide in a bell tower with my Chey Tac. Lol

And I'm confused.... Are you mocking me or was that a complement?

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 12-14-2011, 03:08 AM   #22

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06

I didn't say I was gonna hide in a bell tower with my Chey Tac. Lol

And I'm confused.... Are you mocking me or was that a complement?
No sir in no way was I trying to mock you. I have more respect for you than alot of people i know. After what you have gone threw to be in the position you are in rite now is truly inspiring to me. I respect all soldiers but i have another level of respect for the ones that go the extra mile and not only passing sniper school but becoming an instructor is by far a great achivment!

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-14-2011, 03:16 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

No sir in no way was I trying to mock you. I have more respect for you than alot of people i know. After what you have gone threw to be in the position you are in rite now is truly inspiring to me. I respect all soldiers but i have another level of respect for the ones that go the extra mile and not only passing sniper school but becoming an instructor is by far a great achivment!
Oh. Thank ya

It's an honor. I might be a Recruiter or Drill Sergeant if it weren't for the scars and burns everywhere. It has it's downfalls (the scars from burns). Any videos or photos that they take of my unit either have me missing or as a "Classified" individual.

Sorta sucks, but I'm not in my position for fame, so I couldn't give two ****s

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 12-14-2011, 03:20 AM   #24

Quote:

Oh. Thank ya

It's an honor. I might be a Recruiter or Drill Sergeant if it weren't for the scars and burns everywhere. It has it's downfalls (the scars from burns). Any videos or photos that they take of my unit either have me missing or as a "Classified" individual.

Sorta sucks, but I'm not in my position for fame, so I couldn't give two ****s
Snipers are the ghosts of the battlefield so why worry about pictures haha. What is the weapon of choice for you in the field? (off topic) im just curious because you said cheytec in the earlier post and i am a big fan of them.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-14-2011, 04:33 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

Snipers are the ghosts of the battlefield so why worry about pictures haha. What is the weapon of choice for you in the field? (off topic) im just curious because you said cheytec in the earlier post and i am a big fan of them.
That depends....

In an urban area with readily available cover and possibly multiple targets, I like the M110 or SR-25. These allow for multiple engagements at a solid 600M.

In a more open, even rural area, I like the M24 SWS. Although a bolt gun, I've been able to engage 1-4 targets at up to 1200M. It is more than capable of these types of engagements.

Finally, in any type of area, if the mission dictates disabling vehicles, shooting through vehicles, or even thin walls, I like the Chey Tac .408 or the Barret .50 BMG. Big cartridge in a semi auto platform

"Sua Sponte"

Old 12-14-2011, 04:42 AM   #26

Quote:

That depends....

In an urban area with readily available cover and possibly multiple targets, I like the M110 or SR-25. These allow for multiple engagements at a solid 600M.

In a more open, even rural area, I like the M24 SWS. Although a bolt gun, I've been able to engage 1-4 targets at up to 1200M. It is more than capable of these types of engagements.

Finally, in any type of area, if the mission dictates disabling vehicles, shooting through vehicles, or even thin walls, I like the Chey Tac .408 or the Barret .50 BMG. Big cartridge in a semi auto platform
I have used an AR 10 .308 for urban training and a mossburg .207 for semi long range. I did have one class on stopping an enemy in a vehicle by not only neutralizing the driver and passengers but also disableing the vehicle. Out of the two i liked the ar 10 much better because of the semi auto and the capability to shoot just as far as the .207 without having to use the bolt. Also the mag holds more. Those are some of my expeiriences haha nothing compared to the real deal. A few bucks here and there for tactical classes keeps me happy for now.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-14-2011, 04:43 AM   #27

By .207 i mean .270 haha got confused with 308 and 270 :P

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-14-2011, 04:51 AM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

I have used an AR 10 .308 for urban training and a mossburg .207 for semi long range. I did have one class on stopping an enemy in a vehicle by not only neutralizing the driver and passengers but also disableing the vehicle. Out of the two i liked the ar 10 much better because of the semi auto and the capability to shoot just as far as the .207 without having to use the bolt. Also the mag holds more. Those are some of my expeiriences haha nothing compared to the real deal. A few bucks here and there for tactical classes keeps me happy for now.
AR-10 is a pretty good weapon. Ive got my own. Never used it to shoot through a car windshield though. Always relied on the .338 Lapua or .50

"Sua Sponte"

Old 12-14-2011, 05:00 AM   #29

I think im going to build my own ar 10 instead of buyin a whole one. I was recently looking at the cheytec .388 im not sure though they didnt mention a price on the website

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-14-2011, 05:01 AM   #30

Again i mean .338 Not 388 haha i gotta get my numbers right

Have Gun....Will Travel