The waiting period....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The waiting period....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default The waiting period....

For years I've been reading on this forum about the infamous waiting period. People would say they've purchased their weapon but now they have to wait and time goes slowly while waiting.....

Now that I've purchased my first handgun, and I'm in the waiting period before I can have my handgun, I fully understand the slowness of time. What a crazy stupid law this is. Do they think that criminals can't plan their evil deeds by waiting 11 days? Why penalize law abiding citizens?

What do you think the USA citizens would do if there was a waiting period after the purchase of a vehicle or cigarettes? Both of these kill far more people than citizen held weapons. Most would say a waiting period after the purchase of a vehicle or cigarettes is ridiculous because they can be purchased legally. Which, in my opinion, make it even more absurd that we have to wait for our weapons because not only is our weapons legal it is a guaranteed right placed into the Constitution by our founding fathers.

.....steps off soapbox.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #2

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You nailed it.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #3

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

That speech got me so stured up im ready to just take to the streets and revolt! Come on lets go!!.........oh wait im still waiting to get mine too..scratch that give it a few more days :P

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #4

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I KNOW!!!!! The last time I purchased a gun I had to wait FOREVER for the phone call back ground check to finish.
Then I walked out with my new gun.
I amaze myself with my patience sometimes.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 12-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #5

Yeah, I don't live in one of those commie states. Out takes me about 5 minutes from the time I plunk the money down until I walk out the for with a new gun. And you know what? I don't think it makes me an evil person either.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5732 Times on 2995 Posts
Likes Given: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Yeah, I don't live in one of those commie states. Out takes me about 5 minutes from the time I plunk the money down until I walk out the for with a new gun. And you know what? I don't think it makes me an evil person either.
Yes it dies. Cuz i gotta freekin wait 2days for mine when i buy one. I can stand there with my 1911 on my belt and i gotta wait 2 days in case im angry and want to shoot someone. Stupid.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

Yes it dies. Cuz i gotta freekin wait 2days for mine when i buy one. I can stand there with my 1911 on my belt and i gotta wait 2 days in case im angry and want to shoot someone. Stupid.
There's room in MS! Come on over!

Old 12-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
I might be comin after I come home fyi. The bay area is cool and all, but all the politicians... Gee wizz....

Old 12-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5732 Times on 2995 Posts
Likes Given: 379

Quote:
When i leave wisconsin if my exile ever ends im going back to texas

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
I KNOW!!!!! The last time I purchased a gun I had to wait FOREVER for the phone call back ground check to finish.
Then I walked out with my new gun.
I amaze myself with my patience sometimes.
SERIOUSLY! I think they put dude on hold when i bought the Bersa. Individual sales are the way to go, IMO: extend cash & take firearm.

edit* In all honesty, this would have ruined a dove hunt for me in college; by the time i got in the truck by odarkthirty, i had my camo, my mud shoes, gas money, and directions to Bubba's grandparents' farm, but i soon realized i had not shotgun with me at college. I stopped and bought a $100 Mossberg 500, fixed modified choke at the gun-and-pawn on the way to the farm, picked up a hunting license & ammo too. It was a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Sometimes i hear you can be so PO'd that you really need to buy a NEW firearm so as to avoid poisoning the memory of any you currently own. That's either a dog killing or stolen girlfriend level situation right there.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 12-13-2011 at 08:27 PM.