Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > VIDEO: Shooting the World's Largest .45ACP Semi-Auto Handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Each branch does have some unique needs when it comes to aircraft and in some small arms.

Landing on an aircraft carrier is a lot different than landing on a land based runway. Arresting gear, tailhooks, landing gear upgrades, corrosion resistance all play a role in naval aircraft. An airframe goes through a lot more abuse in a seagoing version.

But you also see waste in the small things. Like my nice blue digital camoflage uniform. Why? Wouldn't any other camo uniform fill the role as a working uniform? Now the Navy is looking at replacing it with a woodland digital camoflage uniform. Each sailor gets a uniform allowance to pay for replacing worn uniforms each year. Most uniforms will last two to three years if taken care of. So the replacments that I bought a year ago will no longer be authorized, and I will have to replace them early with new uniforms.

the cost to the tax payer is in the research and contracts to obtain the uniforms initially.

We could put all the branches in Multicams and save a lot of money across the board.
Granted each branch has specific needs but that does not mean a modular air frame could not be built as to be adaptable to cover most any needs, such as the F35? Of course it cannot fulfill all roles required, such as bomber but a modular frame like this would be a better investment for the Pentagon than a dozen or so different platforms. The same could be said with the Navy's ships ... why not develop a modular platform like they have with the submarine or carrier fleets? This allows them to swap whole compartments at a time.

Like with the uniforms a lot of modularity could be achieved and thus streamline the Pentagons operations and free up even more capital and resources for even more development.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 09-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #12

Liked 638 Times on 429 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Yeah, I guess that would be kinda big.....Doc, I don't suppose you'd have a Beretta 96 to compare it to? That's what I shoot.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1246 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Obviously you have not seen this one.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
If things get better with age, I am approaching magnificent.
You are either pro gun or pro crime.