Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Variety of semi-autos (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/variety-semi-autos-94157/)

jjones45 07-20-2013 07:48 AM

Variety of semi-autos
 
I really love handguns and for some reason I feel I need to have one each from the major and respected gun makers. At times I thought I would just go all one brand across the board in every caliber but I alway back out because I like them all in some way. I guess if I had to choose only one brand of weapon I would choose hk, but dang they cost some $$$, and i love glock, smith, sig, ect...... Have any of you did this or thought about it. If so, did you regret it or what stopped you?

Axxe55 07-20-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjones45 (Post 1309436)
I really love handguns and for some reason I feel I need to have one each from the major and respected gun makers. At times I thought I would just go all one brand across the board in every caliber but I alway back out because I like them all in some way. I guess if I had to choose only one brand of weapon I would choose hk, but dang they cost some $$$, and i love glock, smith, sig, ect...... Have any of you did this or thought about it. If so, did you regret it or what stopped you?

personally i like variety! i like shooting pistols. pretty much any pistol. pretty much my closest thing to one platform is the 1911. these are my favorites and always have been. but i don't limit myself and like variety.

qwiksdraw 07-20-2013 12:33 PM

Me too! The 1911 bug bit me and that is the style pistol I have bought most often and from different manufacturers as well.

Variety is good and adds to the fun, so I also have two Bersas, a Makarov, a Glock 19, a Rough Rider 22/22mag revolver, a Rossi 357 Magnum snub revolver and even a Titan 25 cal.

Rick1967 07-20-2013 12:39 PM

I own about 16 or 18 handguns. They are all different. I have several S&W revolvers and several Rugers. But no two of mine are the same.

danf_fl 07-20-2013 01:01 PM

I like different platforms, but my muscle memory is around the 1911.

Every time I grab the H&K PSP P7, I try to swipe the thumb safety off (and there is none).

jjones45 07-20-2013 04:43 PM

Yeah the good ol 1911, a lot of people tend to like that one (me included). I love variety but try to keep my personal protection handgun one platform just because of that muscle memory.

drvsafe 07-21-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
I like different platforms, but my muscle memory is around the 1911.

Every time I grab the H&K PSP P7, I try to swipe the thumb safety off (and there is none).

Well if its bothering you that much ill take that P7 off your hands.

danf_fl 07-21-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvsafe (Post 1310596)
Well if its bothering you that much ill take that P7 off your hands.

LOL. It is one of my carry devices.
(After I practice with it a few days.)

Transman 07-23-2013 02:21 AM

Think about it all the time,don't regret it,and don't stop acquiring them.If you can afford to fund the affliction,then have at it!Over the course of the last 6 yrs.I've been guilty of acquiring about 65 pistols.....some by the same maker,but most are not.Don't feel bad about it at all.

jjones45 07-23-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transman (Post 1312288)
Think about it all the time,don't regret it,and don't stop acquiring them.If you can afford to fund the affliction,then have at it!Over the course of the last 6 yrs.I've been guilty of acquiring about 65 pistols.....some by the same maker,but most are not.Don't feel bad about it at all.

65 pistols in 6 years gees that's a small fortune in handguns. Lucky you.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:59 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.