Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Usp .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Usp .45

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with one, I was looking at getting one as my first handgun, I've shot .45's before not a big fan of the 1911's or the "striker" fired ones out there, I want a double action that has quality that HK is known for.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-19-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5324 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 336

i had one of the first production hk usp waaay back. good shooting gun but too big for a 45 the damn thing felt more like a desert eagle.

my favorite da/sa 45 is my sig p220 with stamped slide. there are different versions of the 220. the newer ones are forged stainless i dont think they are any better or worse than the older ones

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-19-2011, 03:55 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'd also recommend looking into an FNH .45. I have had some trigger time with that gun and i must say very nice piece for the price. Never had a chance to touch a USP .45 so can't help you there.

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 08-19-2011, 04:09 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I had a USP Tactical in .45.

Reliable, accurate, durable.

But it just never "felt" right. The ergos were minutely wrong for me, so after trying to warm up to it for over a year, I sold it back to the friend I got it from.

The FNP is head and shoulders above the USP for me. And a way better deal.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Last edited by M14sRock; 08-19-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:56 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I'm gonna go with Jon on this, the sig p220 is a great da/sa. Reliable, accurate, and feels good. I had a USP 45 full size, and it is easily the biggest pistol I've ever owned. Very unergonomic and bulky, it did shoot ok and it shot no matter what I put in it. The only plus I see on USP is capacity, but you can get that from Glock, FN, XD, or S&W M&P.

Its made open carry cause you can't hide, should have large hands to hold the gun and operate the safety and mag release. If your taking it to war and you got the hands for and it feels comfy for I say go for it, but it's just not for me.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:28 AM   #6

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it. I took a good look at the Sig and FN but I'm going to go with the USP as I first thought, the 20 round magazine is just too much to give up for a lighter/more compact .45 specially single stack ones. I will be getting the Sig later on down the line, it feels wonderful in the hands and compared to the USP its more compact.