Usp? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Usp?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You want one? I got a USP Tactical with less than 800 rounds through it. I will make you a great deal....

JD
I'm a little low on cash atm, just paid a bunch of bills. Maybe I'll ask you about it later.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

hogger, 8/7/09

I have a USP-.45 compact and a number of other .45's to compare it to (Sigs, SW 3rd generations, Beretta 8045, Witness, Springfields). The HK is accurate, reliable and easy to carry in the compact model. The full size is somewhat big to carry for many people. You pay more for the HK name than you do for other quality pistols. Customer service is often poor, as is the selection of aftermarket parts (presently there seems to be a shortage of .45 compact mags if you believe some folks at other forums). Mags are expensive- usually in the $40-50 range. The double action trigger pull is the worst of all my DA/SA pistols- long, heavy, and stacks severely before firing. The single action pull is average.

So while I think it is a quality pistol I think you can buy a similar quality pistol for less money with better customer support available. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #13

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I think oldandslow covered the bases very well. IMHO, HK's are very well built, very accurate, and very pricey. I've owned a few of them over the years and while they're great guns I truly think they're over priced.

A USP Compact is a nifty gun but TBH, I prefer my XD .45 Compact - and it costs a lot less...

Old 08-17-2009, 01:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You want one? I got a USP Tactical with less than 800 rounds through it. I will make you a great deal....

JD
I'm interested in this - pls let me know.