The USMC's $22.5 Million Dollar Mistake - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The USMC's $22.5 Million Dollar Mistake

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 02:05 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 390 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 6

as far as i can tell, the guy in the video has just as much experience in combat as i do.

using his logic, i think the marines should buy Hi Point C9's....because that's what i like

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 02-10-2013, 02:08 AM   #52
hmh

Liked 157 Times on 109 Posts

All the best units are wrong. The 1911 is antiquated, has no stopping power, is unreliable, and is just not suited to the task of a pistol (personal defense).

Old 02-10-2013, 02:12 AM   #53

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
When you say the marines designed and improved the 1911. Did the whole marine core design it or individuals in the marines. ?
The individuals who will be carrying it, a select few, are the ones who designed the upgrades to it. AGAIN this is not a fleet Marine weapon.

Quote:
Do all American special forces use the .45. who's asses were they kicking post WW2. ?
I personally couldn't say exactly. WWII was pretty much the birthing time of our modern special forces. I know different special forces used them in Vietnam, and there are all kinds of actions that are public, and many that aren't, that involved special forces and their weapons since then. I'm not a special forces historian and don't know everything they did. It is documented that Force Recon (AGAIN, the unit that these pistols are for), never gave up their 1911's.

Quote:
If the armies of most countries don't use .45 i have to assume they know what they are doing. It would be like the British going back to using the .445 webley.
Again, is there a reason that if one branch's special operations units want a particular weapon, then they should try to be like everyone else? Why did you choose your carry weapon? (I'm assuming you carry, forgive me if I just made an ASS of U and ME). Did you choose your personal weapon because it's what everyone else has?

Old 02-10-2013, 02:16 AM   #54

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
Does that hat really keep your head warm ? I live at 6300 in Idaho and I have never needed a hat like that. When I watched the video it looked more like a purpose documented statement without much gunfire so I just didn't get the meaning of wearing the headset to keep warm. If I offended you in any way I will say I'm sorry......... but i won't really mean it.
Let's try this again for the slow minded.

It was a cold day. Yes the hat keeps my head warm, thanks for your concern. It is a gun club. We are required to wear hearing protection and eye protection at all times when on any of the club's firing ranges. And my gloves keep my wittle fingers all toasty warm and cozy!

Any more questions?

AR10 Likes This 
Old 02-10-2013, 02:19 AM   #55

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmh View Post
All the best units are wrong. The 1911 is antiquated, has no stopping power, is unreliable, and is just not suited to the task of a pistol (personal defense).
I don't know if this is sarcasm or not, but I'm going to use this quote anyway...
Assuming this is an honest opinion, then we can assume you have an idea of what you feel is the best combat sidearm, correct? So... By that reasoning, if someone were to allow you to pick your chosen sidearm for duty carry, you would do it, correct?

Well, that's exactly what the Marine special forces have done. They were allowed to pick their duty sidearm, and they did, based on their own personal preferences and experiences. I'm sure there were some dissenters, there always are. But, overall, this is their chosen sidearm.

So, should we all continue beating this dead horse?

By the way, I think Amsdorf's hat is pretty damn cool. It takes some confidence to pull that off.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:35 AM   #56
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2993 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 278

Lets put this to bed. We all have opinions. We all know, or should know, opinions are like rectums.

I respectfully disagree with the premis the 1911 is an obsolete design. I do, however, like the FNX.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

jackrich3 Likes This 
Closed Thread