The USMC's $22.5 Million Dollar Mistake - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The USMC's $22.5 Million Dollar Mistake

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 459 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

I would say it would be very rare that the marines would use their handguns. The only thing that i can say they must know something that the armed forces in the rest of the world don't. As they are the only army that is going back to .45 and a smaller mag cap.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 143 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 139

IMHO, this guy's a flaming idiot, with questionable creds.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #13

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyshot View Post
The guy in that video has some kind of strange growth on his face around his chin and the corners of his mouth.

That hat and them glasses are creepy looking too.
That would be the OP. Would you like to borrow my crowbar to remove your foot from your mouth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I would say it would be very rare that the marines would use their handguns. The only thing that i can say they must know something that the armed forces in the rest of the world don't. As they are the only army that is going back to .45 and a smaller mag cap.
It's actually very rare. So rare, in fact, that the majority of those issued sidearms are those who are non combat personnel (they're allowed to have one for personal protection), and others who it would be impractical to make them carry a full sized rifle, such as tankers, air wingers, crewmen of other assorted vehicles, and such as them. They are issued the standard M9 Beretta.

Overall, as I've said and will keep saying, this pistol is intended for the special ops guys. This is not a production run pistol that some senator is lining his pockets by forcing the Marine Corps to choose. Well, I won't deny, I'm sure someone is making money off of it. But, someone would make a little off of each and every little thing the military does. That's why I get violently adamant that warfighting needs to be left to warfighters, not politicians or civilians.

The men who will be carrying it, are the ones who chose it. They've thrown in their lot with the sidearm they want to carry into battle. Again, it's not a production run pistol with fancy grips and finish. The armorers at Quantico who have been building, rebuilding, and completely overhauling Force Recon's aging fleet of 1911's, along with the operational personnel of FR, had MAJOR input in the features needed, internals, materials, and even what needs to be included in each service kit.

Short and Sweet: The men who will be carrying it, specifically chose it.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #14

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

That would be the OP. Would you like to borrow my crowbar to remove your foot from your mouth?

It's actually very rare. So rare, in fact, that the majority of those issued sidearms are those who are non combat personnel (they're allowed to have one for personal protection), and others who it would be impractical to make them carry a full sized rifle, such as tankers, air wingers, crewmen of other assorted vehicles, and such as them. They are issued the standard M9 Beretta.

Overall, as I've said and will keep saying, this pistol is intended for the special ops guys. This is not a production run pistol that some senator is lining his pockets by forcing the Marine Corps to choose. Well, I won't deny, I'm sure someone is making money off of it. But, someone would make a little off of each and every little thing the military does. That's why I get violently adamant that warfighting needs to be left to warfighters, not politicians or civilians.

The men who will be carrying it, are the ones who chose it. They've thrown in their lot with the sidearm they want to carry into battle. Again, it's not a production run pistol with fancy grips and finish. The armorers at Quantico who have been building, rebuilding, and completely overhauling Force Recon's aging fleet of 1911's, along with the operational personnel of FR, had MAJOR input in the features needed, internals, materials, and even what needs to be included in each service kit.

Short and Sweet: The men who will be carrying it, specifically chose it.
Then I say more power to them. They are the ones risking their lives, doing the fighting, killing and dying. If that's the gun they want, that SHOULD be the gun they get. Besides, who knows what they need better than them?

Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

The 1911 seemed to serve our troops well through WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and up into the 1980s. Some troops were still using them even after the M9 became the standard sidearm. Why wouldn't it serve them well now?

Old 02-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #16

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Who is this morbidly obese person claiming to be a gun fighting expert? There are a ton of great guns available today that are reliable. (not just glock smh) if the marines choose the 1911 maybe you should reconsider your half formed opinion and don't question the experts. YouTube is making everyone an "expert". I would love to know the round count on his fnx and how much he has put it through; I bet it is very little.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Then I say more power to them. They are the ones risking their lives, doing the fighting, killing and dying. If that's the gun they want, that SHOULD be the gun they get. Besides, who knows what they need better than them?
Your soldiers are well looked after if they can choose what firearm they want.

Quote:
Besides, who knows what they need better than them?
Probaly a lot of people. What makes you think that soldiers some who have never being in combat and most have never used a handgun in combat. Would be the best qualified to decide what handgun is the best for the job.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #18

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post

Your soldiers are well looked after if they can choose what firearm they want.

Probaly a lot of people. What makes you think that soldiers some who have never being in combat and most have never used a handgun in combat. Would be the best qualified to decide what handgun is the best for the job.
If I'm not mistaken don't ALL soldiers have basic training? Besides, lets hear your overwhelming qualifications, you know the ones that make you a fighting sidearm expert. Since you know better than a combat marine.
Just what the world needs, another arm chair expert.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #19

Liked 120 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
I think the hat, gloves and ear protection was kinda funny.

People tend to use gloves, a hat and hearing protection on a cold day at the gun club.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #20

Liked 2605 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2526

I wanna know why he's lying about the reliability of the 1911. Mine is every bit as reiliable as any silly ugly ass glock.

Closed Thread