Uh oh!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Uh oh!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 02:07 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Default Uh oh!

So went to the range today with a few friends, one was shooting a s&w sigma in 9mm. while shooting this gun, the plastic insert/plug that goes into the bottem of the grip, and sits flush with the magazine came out. My question is,

what casued this?
Can they order a new one?
Is it very important?

I could not see where it would be used ofr anything besides being a filler.
I have a sigma in .40 and mine has never came out.

So any advise I can pass on to them would be great.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5675 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 375

its just filler and if its shooting loose its manufacture defect. contacting S&W CS should get a fix

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #3

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I have .40 sigma and that plug came out several times. About the fourth time it did I just tossed it in the trash. I could care less about that plug. Its a fairly cheap gun that is made fairly cheaply. Dont get me wrong mine shoots great and I would feel fine trusting my life on it but for a part that doesnt matter I would not expect s&w to put a lot of thought into it.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:42 AM   #4

No offense but you have to remember sigma is the entry Li.e or the lower end pistol. If the dust cover plug came out while shooting then that tells me there is either a problem with the cap or there is flex in the polymer. I'm no expert but I had a sigma and the slide release would stick and I would have failure to fees problems. I got mine cheap for my birthday but I soon sold it and bought a glock. I think it can be a nice fire ARM wig some mods

Old 01-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #5

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUSA
No offense but you have to remember sigma is the entry Li.e or the lower end pistol. If the dust cover plug came out while shooting then that tells me there is either a problem with the cap or there is flex in the polymer. I'm no expert but I had a sigma and the slide release would stick and I would have failure to fees problems. I got mine cheap for my birthday but I soon sold it and bought a glock. I think it can be a nice fire ARM wig some mods
Its the grip plug. Look at the butt of your GLOCK, see that hole behind the magazine? Its the same place they put the takedown tool on the m&p.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #6

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

I have a SW40VE and the grip plug is loose, but hasn't come out. I won't worry about it if it ever does. Unless he just wants it to be there, personally I think its fine.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #7

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

If put a little glue on it and carry on with my day.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #8

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Either glue it or throw it away. If he wants it glue id go w a good two part apoxy

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 01-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Thank you all for the advise, I will pass it on. Didnt think it was a big deal, if it happens to mine I would just glue it lol!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington