Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Uh oh! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/uh-oh-54801/)

colmustard 01-05-2012 02:07 AM

Uh oh!

So went to the range today with a few friends, one was shooting a s&w sigma in 9mm. while shooting this gun, the plastic insert/plug that goes into the bottem of the grip, and sits flush with the magazine came out. My question is,

what casued this?
Can they order a new one?
Is it very important?

I could not see where it would be used ofr anything besides being a filler.
I have a sigma in .40 and mine has never came out.

So any advise I can pass on to them would be great.

JonM 01-05-2012 02:09 AM

its just filler and if its shooting loose its manufacture defect. contacting S&W CS should get a fix

bigbomar4 01-05-2012 02:55 AM

I have .40 sigma and that plug came out several times. About the fourth time it did I just tossed it in the trash. I could care less about that plug. Its a fairly cheap gun that is made fairly cheaply. Dont get me wrong mine shoots great and I would feel fine trusting my life on it but for a part that doesnt matter I would not expect s&w to put a lot of thought into it.

GlockUSA 01-05-2012 04:42 AM

No offense but you have to remember sigma is the entry Li.e or the lower end pistol. If the dust cover plug came out while shooting then that tells me there is either a problem with the cap or there is flex in the polymer. I'm no expert but I had a sigma and the slide release would stick and I would have failure to fees problems. I got mine cheap for my birthday but I soon sold it and bought a glock. I think it can be a nice fire ARM wig some mods

trip286 01-05-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlockUSA
No offense but you have to remember sigma is the entry Li.e or the lower end pistol. If the dust cover plug came out while shooting then that tells me there is either a problem with the cap or there is flex in the polymer. I'm no expert but I had a sigma and the slide release would stick and I would have failure to fees problems. I got mine cheap for my birthday but I soon sold it and bought a glock. I think it can be a nice fire ARM wig some mods

Its the grip plug. Look at the butt of your GLOCK, see that hole behind the magazine? Its the same place they put the takedown tool on the m&p.

Chandler51 01-05-2012 08:08 PM

I have a SW40VE and the grip plug is loose, but hasn't come out. I won't worry about it if it ever does. Unless he just wants it to be there, personally I think its fine.

trip286 01-05-2012 08:10 PM

If put a little glue on it and carry on with my day.

Marlinman 01-05-2012 09:20 PM

Either glue it or throw it away. If he wants it glue id go w a good two part apoxy

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

colmustard 01-06-2012 12:55 AM

Thank you all for the advise, I will pass it on. Didnt think it was a big deal, if it happens to mine I would just glue it lol!