Which tupperware gun? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Which tupperware gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'd have to recommend an XD. I owned one and liked it very much. I like the XD better than the Glock. Also, the new XDM in 9mm has a 19 round magazine which still amazes me.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I really do think in the future the main powerhouses of the polymer world will be the Springfield XD and the Smith and Wesson M&P series.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I would suggest an M&P. I have found it to be a fantastic firearm.

If you have extra money just sitting around, I would buy a lot of ammo instead of a polymer frame handgun.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
I'm a revolver, 1911 and carbon steel knife kind of guy, not into modern sinthetic stuff. However, I've been wondering about polymer framed guns for a while.

This would just be an addition to my collection with no particular purpose in mind, I might use it for IPSC (production), but it's mostly to see what all the fuss is about.

Glocks are out of the question, they don't feel right in my hand and I don't like them. My choices are also a bit narrower than what you can find in the US, since I'm in Argentina.

Anyway, I'm considering a S&W M&P, Steyr M9 and I might also take a look at some Rugers. Which one would you guys pick? I'm going with 9mm since I already have a .45 and a .357 for protection, this would be a "fun" gun (although I might end up carrying it if I really like it).

I've got no experience with either of these guns, and there aren't any ranges where I can rent one to try out (they only have Glocks for rent). I'm particularly interested in any info about the trigger pull on these guns.
My first choice would be the Ruger P95. It's the best 9mm Ruger makes in a polymer gun. The SR9 is still unproven at this point but the P95 is as good as the best of the poly guns. And a P95 is the ONLY handgun I would take out of the box, load and carry without ever having shot it...I had an old P95 that at one session I put a thousand rounds of mixed ammo. Everything from 88 gr submachine gun ammo to 158 gr subsonic and lead reloads and WWII ball surplus and it was 100% FLAWLESS...I'm not a fan of plastic guns, but it would be my first choice in one.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

+1 on that post.

Pictures speak a thousand words...

Old 03-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Guys, I can't get an XD in Argentina. Otherwise I'd consider it.

The P95 does look interesting, and I've had good experiences with Ruger products in the past.

I'll stop by a few gun shops tomorrow after work and see which one fits my hands better.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
Guys, I can't get an XD in Argentina. Otherwise I'd consider it.

The P95 does look interesting, and I've had good experiences with Ruger products in the past.

I'll stop by a few gun shops tomorrow after work and see which one fits my hands better.
If you can't get the Springfield XD, then go get the HS2000 (Hrvatski Samokres) The Croatian pistol made by HS Produkt... It's the same gun from the same factory.

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Old 03-12-2009, 02:03 AM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I learned something new today.

The HS2000 (aka XD's father)

Old 03-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Since you don't have access to XD(m), my choice would be the Smith M&P. I have only seen one Steyr pistol, and I would qualify it as a compact in my book, not necessarily something I want to shoot action pistol with. I'm not a fan of the triggers on the Ruger semi-auto pistols I've fired.

Also (and this doesn't apply to you in Argentina) Smith & Wesson has been doing alot to promote shooting sports since being reacquired as an American company, and I would enjoy supporting them with a purchase.

My choice if available, the M&P9L:

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Last edited by Bighead; 03-12-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #20
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

With out question the S&W M&P is the best choice, I know there are a lot of XD fans on this thread and will say it's a fine pistol but if you have the chance to shoot both the choice becomes simple.