Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > TulAmmo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 06:46 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
Put a box through my JA380, jammed once a clip, sometimes twice. .

Well there's your problem! Never heard of a JA pistol accepting a clip! :P

I find it funny how many people hate the stuff! I'm shot thousands of rounds of tulammo and never once had an issue.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #52

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
If you don't reload (I don't) and you shoot a lot (I do) and you don't have unlimited ammo budgets (I don't) the cheap stuff gives you more range time. More range time, better training.

If I could afford it, I would shoot better, Olin made, ammo, but my targets or my pistols don't know the difference, my pocketbook does.
This is the answer!

I've been through cases of 9mm Tula in a pair of XD's without a problem.

I've been through cases of Silver Bear (made by Barnaul, Russia) in 5.56 flavor without a problem.

I've saved hundred$ by doing so with no negatives whatsoever.

As always...YMMV.

Be Well.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:20 AM   #53

^agreed best answer!

Old 05-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #54

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigjumpr View Post
Simple answer, we are dealing with more regs. Regs =$ that's passed on to us. Simple
Or perhaps we are dealing with CEOs who insist on that multi-million-dollar bonus for "downsizing" the company/corporation and/or sending the jobs overseas -- so they can get that multi-million-dollar bonus. Have to pay for the separate Summer and Winter 15-room mansions, as well as the twice-yearly (sometimes 5 times a year) vacations in Europe, somehow........ Anything goes as long as the stock owners are happy, right?

As for TulAmmo, I haven't had any problems with it yet. Just clean your gun and deal with the "inaccuracy" and the "malfunctions" -- and if you or the gun don't "like" the ammo, then don't freakin' use the ammo. I have worked in a parmesan cheese processing factory, where the ONLY difference between one brand of cheese and another is the freakin' label (with the obvious exception of when cow-milk cheese is replaced by sheep-milk cheese for DIETARY reasons); ammunition made in the same factory is the same ammunition, no matter what label is on the box. (it's like drugs made in the U.S. and sold in Canada - they are the same drugs sold in the U.S., only less expensive)

Old 05-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #55

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

got 0 use for an ak. much less tula ammo. if the ammo does have steel in it be careful some ranges restrict its use and can get you range banned. ask the range master before using it.
Good point. My range only allows brass. However when I first bought my Sig P226 I bought 300 rounds of steel cased Blazers. Range master let me shoot all I wanted but had me in lane with solid wall to my ejection side and I policed the casing. Their issue was recycling not safety. The recycler dings them for steel casings mixed in. Now I shoot only brass

Old 05-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5138 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 4344

Quote:
Originally Posted by glibshoot View Post
Or perhaps we are dealing with CEOs who insist on that multi-million-dollar bonus for "downsizing" the company/corporation and/or sending the jobs overseas -- so they can get that multi-million-dollar bonus. Have to pay for the separate Summer and Winter 15-room mansions, as well as the twice-yearly (sometimes 5 times a year) vacations in Europe, somehow........ Anything goes as long as the stock owners are happy, right?

And don't forget the lazy labor union workers that want $50 per hour and 6 weeks of vacation in addition to their 30 days annual sick leave.

Labor unions have done as much, or more, to drive jobs out of the country as corporations.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Last edited by locutus; 05-13-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Balota Likes This 
Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 82 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Only have had problems with steel cased ammo through my beretta px4, FTF due to clip getting jammed up. My motto is, if it eats it, I will feed it, I'm just dirty like that I guess.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #58

My RRA ar-15 gobbles up the tula ammo without a single complaint...and at 5 bucks a box its good for shooting paper.

I wonder with modern automation...how many workers does an ammunition production line really employ? I know entire factories can be run with as little as 10 people.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5138 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 4344

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatrat View Post
My RRA ar-15 gobbles up the tula ammo without a single complaint...and at 5 bucks a box its good for shooting paper.

I wonder with modern automation...how many workers does an ammunition production line really employ? I know entire factories can be run with as little as 10 people.

Unless they're union. Then it will take at least 100.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:17 AM   #60

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Hmmm..... I wonder how many anti-union folks would be willing to do away with the paid vacations and over-time pay they get -- and all the other things that they wouldn't have courtesy of those "evil" unions. It's ok, though, y'all can just go back to those good old days when the drudges had to work 80+ hours a week for less than $1 an hour.

I have yet to see any real difference between the so-called "dirty" TulAmmo and anything from Winchester, Federal or Remington. But then, I'm willing to look at things without the pre-conceived notions of how they "should" be.