Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > TulAmmo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ammo Question

I purchased 3 boxes of this ammo from Wally World for some target shooting with my H&K USP 40. Out of the 1st 15 rounds 4 of the cases failed to eject and had to be pounded out of the chamber with a rod. DO NOT BY THIS CRAP!!!

Last edited by USNRMA; 08-25-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRMA View Post
I purchased 3 boxes of this ammo from Wally World for some target shooting with my H&K USP 40. Out of the 1st 15 rounds 4 of the cases failed to eject and had to be pounded out of the chamber with a rod. DO NOT BY THIS CRAP!!!
You fired 150 rds and had for FTE's?

I've fired far far more than that and never had a single issue aside from one light strike from what was most likely a primer that was either just hard, or not fully seated.

It's like buying a Taurus I suppose. Sometimes they work flawlessly sometimes they fail in the first 5 rounds.

I have been shooting the stuff out of a Beretta, a few different Glocks, a Para 45, and a M&P, and not once have I had an issue other than stated above.

To that, this is the only specific thread I have seen, and I read a lot of threads on a lot of forums, where anyone specifically bashes on TulAmmo. I don't even hear this much talk about Wolf or Bear and they are the same company. In fact, I've heard far more horror stories from Newb reloaders on just this forum than I have about TulAmmo on all of them combined.

Not saying it's my first choice but for the price, it's not bad stuff. I'd rather shoot this than WWB!

Old 08-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #43

Liked 1061 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 266

I have shot thousands of rounds of the Tula, in my 1911, 92FS and 9mm Tokarev. I have had no problems with it at all. No FTF, no ejections problems, no squibs. It doesn't bother me that it is dirty, cause I clean my guns after every shoot. Just a few more patches. If you don't reload (I don't) and you shoot a lot (I do) and you don't have unlimited ammo budgets (I don't) the cheap stuff gives you more range time. More range time, better training.

If I could afford it, I would shoot better, Olin made, ammo, but my targets or my pistols don't know the difference, my pocketbook does.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 08-26-2011, 12:38 AM   #44

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Wow! your high quality H&K had ejecting issues off this ammo? that sucks, my G23 ate all 300 rds of the stuff with no hiccups!

Old 08-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockpotion23 View Post
Wow! your high quality H&K had ejecting issues off this ammo? that sucks, my G23 ate all 300 rds of the stuff with no hiccups!
HK bashing? I think so! :P

I love Glocks, but lets stay on topic.

IMHO, no new gun should really be picky about ammo in the right caliber.

I can't see why the HK would have issue though that is specific to TulAmmo.

I think my next range session I may have to buy a bunch of ammo at the same weight, and see if I can get a benchrest and do some limp wrist drills to see which performs. Think 100 of each of say 4 or 5 different brands of ball ammo would do it? Say I take the 3 most popular handgun calibers of 9mm, .40, and .45?

I'll post a link here, when I get the chance to do the write up. (moving next week so time is a bit tight.)

Old 08-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #46

I did not continue to shoot the stuff after the 1st 15 rounds. Didn't feel like pounding out casings all day long.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #47

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett

Why does it cost more to buy it here when it's made here? I should just start buying in bulk to keep ammo costs down. Maybe buy WC reloads.
Simple answer, we are dealing with more regs. Regs =$ that's passed on to us. Simple

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Last edited by rigjumpr; 08-26-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:37 AM   #48

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Made in USA. S4it still happens. I do apologize for the crappy snapshots.

forumrunner_20110826_193459.jpg   forumrunner_20110826_193519.jpg  

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 AM   #49

Default My Tula experience

Put a box through my JA380, jammed once a clip, sometimes twice. 100 rounds through my Hi point 40, no problems . 50 rounds through my pf9, jammed twice. It will not see the inside of my S&W, I depend on it to much. I guess it depends on the caliber and / or weapon. the 380 ammo had irregularities in the casings, the rest were fine.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:21 AM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Its Russian ammo and its dirty.
That about sums it up!