TulAmmo? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > TulAmmo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I've had boxes of the stuff for months, not wanting to run it in any of my nicer "GTG" ARs, but I put a few boxes through the latest build and they worked fine. I think a high pressue type of gas system is a must for this crap. This carbine chewed it up and spat it out, the rifle I last tried with it maybe cycled 2-3 rounds before a short stroke.

Like was said: Low-powered and filthy is the only way to describe. . .

Old 06-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #32

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The first 50 rounds of Tula out of my 9mm Ruger SR9 went down the range with no problems.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
If you have any pride in your weapons at all,stay away from lacquer coated,steel cased,nasty primered russian crap. Unless you have an AK-47. Its the dumpster diver of the gun world,it'll eat anything. No class
tulammo is crap i bought 5 boxes of this crap shot 4 on average 5 would prob shoot. my pin would hit but wouldnt ignite the primer. shoot wolf or golden bear shoot everytime. i hate the ak myself but through it in the mud and it will still shoot. ill take reliability anyday even if it is a bottomfeeder. lol sure do love catfish

Old 08-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat View Post
Hey everyone. So I went down to the local Wally World today to see what they had in the way of ammo. I saw something new that they are stocking called TulAmmo. I've never seen it before but its really cheap for .45 at about $15 a box of 50.

So I was wondering if anyone has used this ammo or even heard of it before? I know it's a steel casing and made in Russia, but that's about it. I just figured for shooting paper, you can't really beat that price.
I buy the 9mm Luger and its only 9.47 for a box I like it just for messing around and to have just in case but I dont think it shoots dirty honestly the Remington ammo I bought was more dirty then that, I can shoot it all day and not jam or anything I love it and will continue to buy/shoot it. Cannot beat the price and anyways I clean my gun every time I shoot it, im just anal about it maybe but I love my guns and want them to last. No matter what ammo you shoot your gun is going to get dirty and yes some ammo is better but if your just going out to shoot or have it for home protection you cannot beat there price but its really up to the person shooting but I love it but best thing to do is try it out you may or may not like it, its the only way to find out but give it a try. Good luck!

Old 08-15-2011, 02:29 AM   #35

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've run Tula and Wolf in my S&W Sigma .40 with zero issues. Runs cleaner than some of the brass USA rounds i've put through it. Accuracy with the .40 rounds was meh but still decent enough to have good cheap fun. I've put Wolf rounds through my AR and I've also run WPA (Wolf russian military surplus rounds from my understanding) 9mm through my Ruger SR9c with zero issues. For 9.00/50 at the local Fleet Farm, this is my new go to range round as the accuracy was actually above par for most Russian rounds.

It's all personal preference, if you wanna listen to the guys who say it's worse on your gun than other ammo, by all means steer clear as it will just leave more for me . But if you want a round that may add a few minutes to your gun cleaning, have decent enough accuracy to have some fun at the range with a price that won't break the bank then by all means buy some. Worst case scenario your gun hates it and you go back to brass. Although i probably wouldn't rely on these rounds as a SD loadout, they are good enough for range duty IMO

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 08-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #36

@ above I also have a sigma 9 they shoot really good in mine and cheap as hell!

Old 08-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #37

I shoot tul-ammo in my G34 and 23 all the time. So far, after more than 5K rounds, I haven't seen any wear or bad effect. It's almost identical to wolf. Also, for how much I shoot, the savings are far more than it would cost me to say replace an $8 extractor.

That said, I am not a WWB fan at all and it is far more dirty. And I shoot mostly federal when I can find it for a fair price through my 1911. I do all my own gun work and some custom work for a few other people, and haven't seen any issue as a result of steel cased ammo.

I work part time at walmart as well and after the 10% employee discount, I pay less than $9/50 of 9mm, 28 will buy me 100 of .45 and i get change back, and i pay 12 and change for .40. Shooting between 500 and 1000 rounds per month, that savings adds up. WWB for 100 of .40 is over $30 now and 45 is almost $35 for 100, as well as over $26 for 100 of 9mm.

doing the math:
500 rounds of 9mm
TulAmmo:$180
WWB: 260

500 rounds of .40
TulAmmo: $240
WWB: $300

500 rounds of 45
TulAmmo: $280
WWB: $350

So say I shot an even ammount of each ammo over 3 months and shot 500 rounds a month that is a savings of over $210. That is $840 / year if I only shoot 500 rds per month. In this economy, that's not a bad thing.

So say I do break a gun due to steel case, I am saving more than enough to cover it!

That is at least my mindset on it. And like I said, I've been shooting steel case for a while and never had an issue.

Now, to the op, I wouldn't use it as a self defense ammo, but i'd say that about any ball ammo. And no, you can't reload it, but I recently got back from being in the Navy, and no longer have my reloading equipment set-up, so I am anything but worried about that.

Overall, the accuracy isn't bad, the price is great, the availability, at least in my case, is good, and I personally like it. To each their own. Happy shooting!

Last edited by Hackett; 08-16-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #38

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

If you are one who is upset about US jobs going abroad, don't buy Russian ammo.

Buy U.S.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 08-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post

Buy U.S.
Why does it cost more to buy it here when it's made here? I should just start buying in bulk to keep ammo costs down. Maybe buy WC reloads.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post

Buy U.S.
agreed but everybody has there opinion and the final choice is up to them to me I like it and will continue to shoot them lol