TulAmmo? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > TulAmmo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Definitely DO NOT use the Tula .45 ammo! I have a friend with a slug stuck in the barrel of his 1911 due to a squib round. If you look this ammo up on CTD there are several others that have had the same experience.
I have shot a few rounds of it through my AR and was surprised to find that it sparks off the steel gong. After a quick look at the description I noticed that this stuff has a copper over steel jacket, which is suspect in my opinion.
Like everyone else said, if you have an AK (like everyone should) blast away, but if you care about the well being of your gun spend a few extra bucks for some decent ammo

Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBAR View Post
if you have an AK (like everyone should)
got 0 use for an ak. much less tula ammo. if the ammo does have steel in it be careful some ranges restrict its use and can get you range banned. ask the range master before using it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Balota Likes This 
Old 01-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #23

i understand the WWB is manufactured in China for Wal mart...hence the price

Old 01-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsights View Post
i understand the WWB is manufactured in China for Wal mart...hence the price
Please don't start with the China rumors. It is made in the US as I live 4 miles from the factory and it is the same ammo that is sold at all the other stores too.

The Olin range winchester ammo is all white box just different types i.e. fmj,hp, different gr. etc.

I actually buy more federal as it is less money than the winchester. Never a problem with either with any of my auto loaders.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #25

I bought a few $8 boxes of Tula .308 this weekend just for fun plinking...and in case I needed to try to shoot through any engine blocks (FMC stuff). I am curious to see how it performs accuracy and "dirt" wise in a bolt or lever gun.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I bought a box of 50 for $15 for my .45 yesterday and went to the range. I blew thru it without a problem. I did not notice any difference in the usual white box ammo I use. Cleaned my 45 last night and didn't notice anything different or dirtier. I'm going to see if they make it in other calibers as well. I liked it.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My Mini 14 eats it like candy. I won't use it in my pistols just on principle. However, if push came to shove, I would.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #28

Default tulammo

i have used a few hundred rounds of this ammo and from what i have see it works well my guns don't jam with it and they are a vary good price

Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat View Post
Hey everyone. So I went down to the local Wally World today to see what they had in the way of ammo. I saw something new that they are stocking called TulAmmo. I've never seen it before but its really cheap for .45 at about $15 a box of 50.

So I was wondering if anyone has used this ammo or even heard of it before? I know it's a steel casing and made in Russia, but that's about it. I just figured for shooting paper, you can't really beat that price.
I've been using tulammo for about 2 years now and can honestly say for the price of it, its excellent ammo. It out shoots remington rounds in my hi-point .45 and my starfire 9mm. I havn't had any issues with it damaging either ones. I say buy a couple boxes and see if you like it, its cheap enough!

Old 04-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

On my last trip to the range I grabbed a box of Tula and a Box of Federal. Compared to the federal the Tula just felt weak, and yes, very dirty. I don't mind picking some up if it's the last things on the shelf, but knowing what everyone has said, I wouldn't pick it up every day. Besides, that's usually the first one out of stock at Wally World. Ammo has been scarce around here lately.