TulAmmo? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > TulAmmo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 12:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

It is NOT lacquer coated.

Its got the same POLY coat as WOLF, because its made at the same factory as Wolf.

I find Wolf stamped ammo to be of a higher quality. This Tula crap kept getting stuck in my DPMS 5.56 chamber. But doesnt stick in my RRA 5.56.

Steel is harder than brass, therefore it doesnt fireform to the chamber. Thereby letting lots of carbon and hot gasses to blowby the casing. Depositing in the chamber. thats why they stick.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?
Funnelrider Likes This 
Old 12-08-2010, 01:31 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

From what I have read and been told Tula is the Mother company in Russia, they acuallay make Wolf ammo its just in a different box.. along with Herters thats sold at cabelas and I believe Brown Bear ammo

Old 12-08-2010, 04:54 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
If you have any pride in your weapons at all,stay away from lacquer coated,steel cased,nasty primered russian crap. Unless you have an AK-47. Its the dumpster diver of the gun world,it'll eat anything. No class
That's another +1 for the AK-47! No ammo limitations!!! Shoot on!!!

As for Tula I don't know or care if it's the same "parent company" that makes all the cheap, steel cased Russian "plinking" ammo. (don't forget to add Golden Tiger in there too) All I know is that I have ran it and all its steel-cases relatives through just about ALL of my "baby's" with out any problems, other than a couple extra minutes on the bench taking care of the fouling left by the cheap powder and of course the poor accuracy.

On thing I can say is that it IS safe. I've never got an improperly sized case as I have in Remington UMC, PMC (Korean Crap, many oversized .45 ACP ) and Winchester (white box). Nor have I had excessive LEAD fouling that has been left by CCI Blazer even SJ types and others that I can't think of.

I'm just a regular shooter and not much of a loader at all, but I KNOW this ammo is no more likely to damage your gun than any other comparable "low shelf" target ammo that's made by some of the recognizable brand names in the same price range. All I have to back it up is thousands and thousands of round of testing in just about every major caliber in Rifle and Handgun.

That said. . . I probably wouldn't put it through a custom 1911 or my next AR build. . . But for most guns it is just fine.

If you have a "couple extra bucks" take the time to BUY AMERICAN!

Just my 2 (or more) cents. . . .

Old 12-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

These are the things I wanted to know. If it has more of a possibility to somehow damage my gun, I won't be buying any. I just firgured it being dirty wouldn't be much of an issue just for shooting some paper with a Glock. But if the coating on the casing and the fact that it being steel can hurt it, I'll gladly spend the extra few bucks to buy American.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:57 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat View Post
These are the things I wanted to know. If it has more of a possibility to somehow damage my gun, I won't be buying any. I just firgured it being dirty wouldn't be much of an issue just for shooting some paper with a Glock.
It won't. I couldn't think of a better situation to shoot Tula.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:00 AM   #16
ET1

I shot 50 rounds of this stuff through my Taurus TCP. Their 380 ammo was fairly dirty, but didn't jamb one single time. I won't be shooting any more of it. The part about steel being harder than brass speaks to me. It has to wear out parts in my gun faster than brass, plus not conforming to the chamber as readily as brass makes sense to me.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quality firearms will usually eat anything and everything with out any fear of wear or excessive fouling.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #18

Liked 768 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 830

Germany started using steel cased ammo in 1943. Seemed to work fine. Tula was the "premier" soviet arsenal for making rifles according to some, not an ammo factory.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:36 AM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Germany started using steel cased ammo in 1943. Seemed to work fine. Tula was the "premier" soviet arsenal for making rifles according to some, not an ammo factory.
I have dreamed of owning an original rifle (AK of course, maybe settle for an SKS ) from that factory. I've seen them at shows, but usually they were for just that. . . SHOW! Any one I've seen for sale has either been a copy, re-manufactured here in the states or the number on the tag had too many digits. One of these days, I'll end up getting a copy.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:37 AM   #20

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I sometimes shoot steel case ammo in my Glocks and have used Wolf ammo with no problems. In fact I have shot all kinds of Factory Only Ammo in my Glocks and have never had a malfunctions of any kind. I have been shooting Glock Pistols for 13 years with all kinds of ammo and I'm still waiting for my first malfunction!

Newest Threads

Ria