Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > TulAmmo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default TulAmmo?

Hey everyone. So I went down to the local Wally World today to see what they had in the way of ammo. I saw something new that they are stocking called TulAmmo. I've never seen it before but its really cheap for .45 at about $15 a box of 50.

So I was wondering if anyone has used this ammo or even heard of it before? I know it's a steel casing and made in Russia, but that's about it. I just figured for shooting paper, you can't really beat that price.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-07-2010, 03:11 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Its Russian ammo and its dirty.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I shoot the 62 gr. stuff in my Mini 14 and it eats it up. I would not use it in a pistol, at least not one that I like.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-07-2010, 03:25 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I shoot the 62 gr. stuff in my Mini 14 and it eats it up. I would not use it in a pistol, at least not one that I like.
Is it really that bad? What damage can it do?

Old 12-07-2010, 04:54 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I just don't like the idea of steel cases in my beloved 1911 and it really is pretty dirty.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-07-2010, 05:11 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 223 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat View Post
Hey everyone. So I went down to the local Wally World today to see what they had in the way of ammo. I saw something new that they are stocking called TulAmmo. I've never seen it before but its really cheap for .45 at about $15 a box of 50.
The last several times I've been into Walmart they've had plenty of Fed Champion ($16/50) and WWB ($33/100). Personally, I'll gladly pay that extra dollar or two a box for brass cases instead of steel.

Considerably better quality and US production for a pretty negligible price increase.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I've seen the tulammo there and figured you get what you pay for. I'll stick to the federal champions.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

If you have any pride in your weapons at all,stay away from lacquer coated,steel cased,nasty primered russian crap. Unless you have an AK-47. Its the dumpster diver of the gun world,it'll eat anything. No class

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 12-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Tula 62 grain .223

I fired the Tula 62 grain .223 through my AR and the stuff seems to be quite underpowered. I had several stuck cases. Now, I used the same ammo in my Romy SAR 3 (5.56 AK) without any problems. I do not know about their pistol calibers though.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #10

I've been told that it's not worth the savings to use steel cased ammo in a semi-automatic

It can have a laquer on it that will get in your gun, which is bad

Steel is also a hard metal, and has the potential to do damage to the inside of your baby. Brass is used for a reason, it's soft, so if anything were to be damaged, it would be the case and not the gun

Treat your baby well, spend the extra few dollars to keep her happy

I think it's pretty common for steel cases to be used for rifles like Mosin-Nagants, but personally, I wouldn't use it in a semi-auto

Just my 2 bulle

Ruger Mark II 50th Anniversary .22lr
Sears & Roebuck .22lr
1943 Mosin-Nagant M91/30

In the family:
Springfield Loaded 1911 .45 ACP
S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum
FN Herstal FNX 40