Trying to decide between CZ and Beretta
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Trying to decide between CZ and Beretta

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default Trying to decide between CZ and Beretta

Real tough decision for me here... I'd like to order one of these in the next couple days but can't decide which one to get (or at least get first). This will be my only purchase for the next few months until Christmas :/.

On the are the Beretta 92 Compact (Beretta 92 COMPACT 9mm 13RD SHIPS FREE) and CZ 75 Compact (CZ-USA CZ 75 Compact 9mm Black, 15 round $483.00 SHIPS FREE).

I have full size versions of these guns. Actually, it's a Beretta 96 which is the .40 cal version. I bought it used. The Beretta is super comfortable in my hand and I love the balance. However, I'm not quite used to the sight picture or something is funky because I always shoot low and left with it.

The CZ75 is one of my favorite shooters. I love the weight, the balance, the sights.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

I just picked up a CZ 75 Compact in the Satin Nickel finish. It has a nice solid feel to it, well balanced and nice hand-to-grip fit. The plastic guide rod and grips are due for replacement but overall I am happy with it. Shoots nice out of the box and the inner parts are free of any visible machine marks or sloppy working that some CZ owners complain of.

From what I understand Beretta no longer makes the 92 Compact and the ones that Buds has are recent imports from an older production run. Not trying to sway your opinion or saying there is anything wrong with them, just thought you would want to know since parts, mags, etc may be a bit harder to get. Beretta makes a fine gun and my 92 performed flawlessly.

Either way you go you will end up with a reliable, accurate gun.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindOldMan View Post
The CZ75 is one of my favorite shooters. I love the weight, the balance, the sights.
Indeed, the CZ 75 compact 9mm would be my pick.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I gotta vote for the Beretta. I have had both guns. But I traded in my CZ for another beretta. IMO, the beretta is a better pistol to me.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

This is strictly my personal opinion, but I prefer the ergonomics of the CZ75 series over the Beretta's.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Where's Shipwreck when ya need him?

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 07-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

She wants you to buy a CZ....

Old 07-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post

OK, that counts as five votes :P

Old 07-04-2011, 04:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindOldMan View Post
OK, that counts as five votes :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post

Actually that's 7 votes. You forgot about the 2 under her shirt...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
Where's Shipwreck when ya need him?
Hahah...

Well, it is true that Beretta hasn't imported the compacts in over 10 years. They just "appeared" one day. Beretta would not recognize that theyy were even here, when people contacted them directly (my local shop did, and others online have).

They were not mentioned at Shotshow, according to people who went there. So, they could be gone tomorrow, or still around in a year. No one knows (they still aren't listed at the Beretta USA website).

Buds is not the only place to have them - Bud's was just the first. Academy Sports stores carry them, as do many gun shops now. But, the supply is unknown...

Obviously, I'd say to get the Beretta over the CZ. Stripping the frame is super easy when you watch some free videos online. You can drop in a $6 spring called a "D spring," and lighten your DA pull by about 3.5 lbs, and the SA pull by 1lb. VERY easy to do, and the gun is still reliable.