Triger job on a Ruger p-series?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Triger job on a Ruger p-series?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Triger job on a Ruger p-series?

Tho I will be cussed by more then a few Iam sure. A few months back I traded a Para GI expert 1911 for a Ruger P97dc and $100. The para Failed to feed on me to many time even with a willson combat mag. and left a bad taste in my mouth for 1911's(pluse for some reason the Para turned orange and had concret all over it). Ruger is always been my gun and company of choice but as much as i like this gun and it has yet to have one miss fire or fail to load the triger pull sucks. Can anbody lead me in the right direction on if the trigger on this gun can be made any better ?I am not tryin to get the perfect hair trigger out of it like a 1911 just one that is a good deal smother.

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2970 Times on 1713 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Dave, I'm curious on your FTF with the Para.

I saw apackage at Brownells that can be used to smooth the trigger pull. If memory serves correctly (an iffy subject at my age), it worked on the lapping principle.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Are you trying for a better DA trigger pull or a SA trigger pull? The DA pull can be helped with a Wolff spring kit. I'd recommend taking it to a gunsmith to slick up the SA trigger pull.

BROWNELLS : Kit #RPN-105 (080-665-105) - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 01-03-2011, 12:18 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Are you trying for a better DA trigger pull or a SA trigger pull? The DA pull can be helped with a Wolff spring kit. I'd recommend taking it to a gunsmith to slick up the SA trigger pull.

BROWNELLS : Kit #RPN-105 (080-665-105) - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools
Bear first Love the avater never change it. And I just want a better DA the SA anit bad at all Iam not tryin to make a target pistolout of it. but with that said I prob need a gun smith to do both I got no gun smith experiance or tools other then field stripin and cleaning.
That spring kit says its for a p90and p85 will it work for a p97? Is the only diff between the p90 and the 97 the aluminum or poly frames?

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Last edited by David26; 01-03-2011 at 12:29 AM.