Trade H&K USP Tactical 45 for a Kimber 1911? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Trade H&K USP Tactical 45 for a Kimber 1911?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Looks like either a kimber or a springfield
Nope.... :-)

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 10-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #32

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Then wat is it bc you REALLY have my interest now

Old 10-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izenrok
That is a beautiful 1911, the grips are awesome. I like the HK blade as well. What is it?
Thanks for the comment bro...its a High Standard mil spec GI.. Grips are kingwood, all parts have been changed out with Ed Brown except for hammer and sear "cylinder and slide" and trijicon night sights..yes it is a cheaper 1911 $500,made by armscor who also makes the RIA.. It shoots amazing and has 0 malfunctions with 1,000 rounds through it.its not a colt or SA,true..but i couldnt ask for a better 1911... The blade? I love it too..H&K auto

Old 10-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #34

Default High Brown

So, basically it isn't even a High Standard any longer, but an Ed Brown and all put together it cost a shiney penny? I guess if you are happy and it is your 1911 that is all that matters in the end. I would be interested in knowing how much it cost in the end.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #35

Default No disrepsect intended.

I meant no disrespect with that last comment, I was simply making an observation and stating a new truth for myself being that no matter the manufacturer the most important thing is being happy with your firearm and making it yours.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izenrok
I meant no disrespect with that last comment, I was simply making an observation and stating a new truth for myself being that no matter the manufacturer the most important thing is being happy with your firearm and making it yours.
None taken, i got all my parts as i could get them from brownells, grips came from a custom site "cant remember the name" and gunsmith only charged me 150.00.. Dont get me wrong, i would have loved to get a colt or a custom nighthawk or wilson but i have a wife, 2 beautiful kids and a budget. I went with what i could afford and built it up from there. I started accumilating all my parts until i got them all then made my trip to the gunsmith.the gunsmith was like some people when i first brought it in, gave it the stink eye and and made a few comments about it "not because of the gun itself,just because its made in the philipines". 2 weeks later i went and picked it up and he said that he retracts his prior comments about the gun.he said that its a well made 1911,every part went right in,and its by far as reliable as a colt or SA. Im an ex LEO,i know how important your side arm is when it comes to reliability and confidence, ive been through numerous pistol and carbine schools and do consider myself well trained. I would take that 1911 with me anywhere.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #37

Thank you for sharing and for your service.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #38

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
None taken, i got all my parts as i could get them from brownells, grips came from a custom site "cant remember the name" and gunsmith only charged me 150.00.. Dont get me wrong, i would have loved to get a colt or a custom nighthawk or wilson but i have a wife, 2 beautiful kids and a budget. I went with what i could afford and built it up from there. I started accumilating all my parts until i got them all then made my trip to the gunsmith.the gunsmith was like some people when i first brought it in, gave it the stink eye and and made a few comments about it "not because of the gun itself,just because its made in the philipines". 2 weeks later i went and picked it up and he said that he retracts his prior comments about the gun.he said that its a well made 1911,every part went right in,and its by far as reliable as a colt or SA. Im an ex LEO,i know how important your side arm is when it comes to reliability and confidence, ive been through numerous pistol and carbine schools and do consider myself well trained. I would take that 1911 with me anywhere.
Very well executed 1911. Has all the features I want in a fighting .45. I love it when folks execute on a well thought out plan.

On another note, a lot of folks put down 3" 1911 and I think they do so based on heresay and not actual hands on experience. They are not tough to shoot. My wife not only puts hundreds of .45 rounds through her Kimber UltraCarry during an average range session, she also uses the gun to shoot IDPA rather successfully (all 5' 3" of her). The gun has been 100% reliable and incredibly accurate for years since we bought it.