Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (
-   -   Trade H&K USP Tactical 45 for a Kimber 1911? (

Izenrok 10-19-2011 10:18 PM

Trade H&K USP Tactical 45 for a Kimber 1911?
Just would like your opinion on what you think I should trade for a very clean and well taken care of H&K USP Tactical? I am being offered a Kimber ultra carry. Though I like the 1 Kimber I have shot, I feel the ultra is too small for me and definitely not an even trade. What do you all think is a good trade for my H&K USP Tactical?

countryboy 10-19-2011 10:34 PM

The kimber would not be a good trade in my opinion. The value of the hk far outweighs that of the kimber. You may see if anyone might be willing to trade a pistol and pay the difference in cash or trade two pistols. But finding a single pistol of equal value will be difficult. That's a pretty unusual piece with quite a price tag. You might think about one of the custom built 1911s.

boatme98 10-19-2011 10:46 PM

I'd keep the HK.

ktmboyz 10-19-2011 10:52 PM

What do you want it for ? Range gun or a CC gun? The ultra carry is a great conceal carry firearm.. Would I like to go to the range and put hundreds of rounds through it,, Uhh no!

What model ultra carry is it ? Black ? Stainless ? Custom? And how much do you have into the H&K ? I myself would trade a H&K for a kimber any day of the week if they were even in value. But I am kind of partial to Kimber firearms :D

If its the model 23 H&K then its value far exceeds the kimber though. Can you get him to toss in some cash ? Like 1K bucks :)

Alpha1Victor 10-19-2011 10:59 PM

I wouldnt make the trade. The kimber ultra carry's can be a chore to use and maintain. 3 inch 1911's are not the most reliable 1911.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Izenrok 10-20-2011 12:20 AM

Thank you all for your thoughts. After thinking about it I have never seen another USP Tactical or even heard of anyone else seeing one in person. I think I would regret trading or selling it as it is my first and one firearm. So now I must decide on a first 1911 and first Glock to purchase. Suggestions?

MrWray 10-20-2011 12:36 AM

I wouldnt make the trade

nccinstaller 10-20-2011 12:45 AM

If your looking for 1911s kimber is a great gun to look at but i would go for a full size. I have one and enjoy it alot and they are usually right about 1k

countryboy 10-20-2011 01:49 AM

For 1911 I would definitely recommend kimber or Springfield. Both are strong names in the industry with very few dissatisfied customers. Again, I agree on the full size, its a much more enjoyable platform to shoot. Your feeling the weapon as it was intended, it has a balance and a feel seldom matched in other types of pistol. I'm sure you will enjoy a 1911 immensely.

I'll not speak of glocks. They're good for what they were intended for.

Best of luck and hope you enjoy the beginnings of your own collection.

JonM 10-20-2011 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 605654)
I'll not speak of glocks. They're good for what they were intended for.

they are pretty decent for weighing down the end of a trot line when your going after catfish...