Trade-in with gun shop questions - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Trade-in with gun shop questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 12:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

When I purchased my XD45C in January of 2008, I paid right at $560. I, for grins, drove to the gun store up the street and asked what I'd get for trade in. $300 even. And I had never put a round through it. Heck, I'd only owned it 20 minutes. Zero wear and tear...

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 04-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #12

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

if you want to squeeze every dollar out of the firearm you could possibly get...go with what CA357 wrote

Old 04-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Looking at the Buy Now price is a good start, but unless you're in a hurry to sell, follow a few auctions on Gunbroker and see what they actually sell for.

Remember that there's a marketplace area on this very forum — give some of your buddies here a crack at it.

And there's probably a state or regional gun forum that covers your area and has a buy/sell/trade section. If you sell to someone within the state, there's no need to get an FFL involved in the sale/transfer. You might get lucky and find someone with a Raptor for trade who would give you a fair shake on your PX4.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 04-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #14

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

The local forum idea is a good one. Before I moved to GA, I used to hang out at this one and it's a busy place with lots of members in the Charlotte area...

CarolinaShootersForum.com - Powered by vBulletin

Last edited by NGIB; 04-07-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Indeed, many ways would work to close the $ gap

Indeed sage advice from many here and if your carefull you can soon close the small gap Of $ ya need for your new pistol and get the old one gone and not get Gouged doing it? take your time, shop around, ask around offer your item for ale a few Places and soon, you will be in a postion to really do well?

RON

Old 04-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I have to agree with alot of you about trying to sell you firearms at a gun shop. The shop's will never give you anything near what it is worth. Your best bet is to sell it your self.

Just remember a few things to do when you sell it. Make sure you get a copy (photo copy is best since it will have his picture on it) of there driver's license or any type of ID they have to keep a record of your sale in case the weapon is ever stolen and or used in a crime. Remember that it was registered in your name, so LEO'S will come looking for you first. Make sure that you give him a copy of the sale's reciept that you draw up. Even if it is just a piece of paper with your intent to sell the firearm to him.

If they are unwilling to do so then stop and think about why he does not want to give you any general infromation. This is just to help you both out. Make sure you both have copies of the information on the firearm. Here is some general information to gather.

Name of Seller:
Name of Buyer:

Buyers Driver License or ID Number:

Address of Seller:
Address of Buyer:

Weapon Type:
Caliber:
Serial Number:

Hope this helps.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #17

Thanks for all the information guys! I will try to sell the pistol locally when it comes time for me to buy my Kimber. I was actually thinking about getting one of the firearms sales record keeping books from NRA (mainly because they look nice) so that I can keep track of any sale I might do in the future.

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!