Old 09-27-2012, 04:28 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8810 Times on 5094 Posts
Likes Given: 11482

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Dan View Post
Nice story Vikingdad! I'm glad you got that sorted out. I can't believe they tried to do you like that... Well, I guess I can, but I don't like it. Guns are like cars. Selling to a dealer is something you do ONLY if you have to make the sale at once.

Also, I just did a used gun check in my area (Northern Utah) and prices are right around the $340 used range. Not bad since they can be had used for $400. I just got my SR40c brand new for $390 out the door, but my dealer is pure awesomeness. Love you, Mr. Smith! Lol
I sold some of them on Calguns.net, If you have a similar forum in UT then I would recommend listing it there as "For sale, or trade for Glock".

The part I left out was that Kerley's in Sunnyvale did give me a better estimated value, closer to what I sold them for. It paid off for them too because when I was there doing the transfer with the guy who bought the BAR I picked up a Savage Model 24 they had for sale, then when I sold the Remington I saw a Single Six there on consignment, which I eventually bought as well. Giving a good estimated value for free brought them some good business.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:34 AM   #12
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2357 Times on 1276 Posts
Likes Given: 677

I traded a Glock for the SR9c. Glocks dont fit my hand well except for the G36. Make sure you try out the Glock model you want before you do any trading. You might wish you had not traded.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:52 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Giving a good estimated value for free brought them some good business.
That only makes sense. Deal straight with folks, and they will return. And with most avid firearms enthusiasts, they will return again and again lol! I buy a lot of gun stuff... Firearms, ammo, holsters... Any extra penny I have goes into my hobby. I've dealt with all the locals, but I found a guy who went out on a limb to help me layaway my Match (I LOVE that pistol!) I wanted it, but it was a bad month. Anyway, he helped me out, and in the last year I have purchased six guns and have another waiting. And it's a 100 mile round trip to get there.

As for trading, I'm done with that for a while. Last month a "refreshed" the armory. Got rid of 3 I didn't like/use, took a modest hit, and picked up two that I know I am in to. And paid half on another lol! I love buying, selling, and trading them, but after I get this PT100, I have to give it a rest for a while... That's what the Missus says anyway