Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Tokarev TT-33 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/tokarev-tt-33-a-64366/)

sagenodland 05-13-2012 03:49 AM

Tokarev TT-33

I decided my next gun is going to be a Tokarev to match my mosin.
Anything I need to know about them in terms of reliability or safety concerns?

Also was there a combat knife that the Russians widely used or did they just have their spike bayonets?

trip286 05-13-2012 04:23 AM

Would the Nagant revolver be a better match?

JonM 05-13-2012 04:28 AM

Tokerev, dont carry it with a round in the chamber. They were meant to be carried empty chamber in a flap belt holster and charged from the magazine.

Nagant revolver is a more accurate match and must be carried with an empty chamber under the hammer

Typical soviet riflemen/women werent issued pistols. If one had one it was usually a battlefield pickup or had special consideration for exceedingly heroic actions and extra gear was overlooked.

Durangokid 05-13-2012 04:39 AM

They are some what dangerous as handguns go. That said they are tough powerful firearms. The 7.62X25 is a great round in a pistol. At one time Navy Arms sold a .38 Super Conv. kit for the Toks. I converted one and loaded some real "Blue Pill" loads in the pistol. That Damn thing held them just fine. I would take the Tok over the Nagant any day. Just buy one and become a "Tokanut":D

kytowboater 05-13-2012 04:41 AM

Just can't get over how ugly they are.

Durangokid 05-13-2012 04:54 AM

I agree most things Russian are ugly. The Nagant Rifles and Handguns as well as the AK 47. But like those Big Russian woman they work.:eek:

kytowboater 05-13-2012 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durangokid
I agree most things Russian are ugly. The Nagant Rifles and Handguns as well as the AK 47. But like those Big Russian woman they work.:eek:

And the nightmares shall ensue.

sagenodland 05-13-2012 04:55 AM

I really like the looks of them up until you get back to the grip. Until then they look like 1911's

And I'm guessing there is nothing that the standard infantry used for a combat knife?

kytowboater 05-13-2012 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagenodland
I really like the looks of them up until you get back to the grip. Until then they look like 1911's

And I'm guessing there is nothing that the standard infantry used for a combat knife?

Not certain, I'll research and see if I can figure it out. I doubt with the amount of troops to arm, that knives would be a standard issue. Such as the KA-BAR. I love those knives have collects
Some.

GunSavvyTeen 05-13-2012 05:26 AM

Tokarevs are fantastic! Don't buy Bulgarian ammo though. Dirty and corrosive. If you want good, cheap, surplus ammo go with Polish. Mine is a TTC ( Romanian) by the way and thats what it likes.