Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   tired of it. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/tired-62804/)

Zamzow 04-18-2012 06:00 PM

tired of it.

So tired of all these saftey add ons to guns these days. I get having one safety but now they have 2 or more on most handguns. So annoying.

hiwall 04-18-2012 07:29 PM

Many do not have a safety

wjnfirearms 04-18-2012 08:53 PM

One of the newest things added is the mag out safety so if you take a mag out and still have one in the pipe, it won't fire. The FMK I'm evaluating has this. In addition, the mag out won't allow the empty mags to drop free on ejection. You have to gently pull them out. Now, in my conversations with the company, they are in the final stages of developing an optional trigger group that eliminates the mag out and allows the mags to drop free on ejection and reduces trigger pull. I'm anxiously waiting to get mine hot off the line to evaluate before I do my formal You Tube video on the gun. They intend to offer it as an option on the 9C1 model. This will make the gun more appealing to combat and defensive shooters. I do believe that these safety add ons are mainly to make these 50 state guns and allow them to be marketed in California.

Polygon 04-18-2012 08:58 PM

The Ruger MkIII 22/45s have the manual safety, magazine disconnect, and the lock safety as well. I know what mean, it's seriously overkill. I would have been happy with just manual safety. They can dump the loaded chamber indicator as well. Those are for people that don't understand proper gun safety. And they are no replacement for a visual check besides.

VitSports6 04-18-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zamzow (Post 774759)
So tired of all these saftey add ons to guns these days. I get having one safety but now they have 2 or more on most handguns. So annoying.

Your XD's have 3 or 4 safety features :D But I understand where you are coming from.

Oblivion9 04-18-2012 09:20 PM

All of the XD safeties are passive. They require proper grip and trigger pull. Nothing to switch or flip. The grip safety lets you reholster without worry about glocking yourself.

I don't mind magazine safeties. The concept us if you get in a hand to hand combat you can drop mag to keep the gun from being discharged. Also if you only have one mag you can pop the mag and take it with you if you need to leave the gun in car.

canebrake 04-18-2012 10:10 PM

Ask Plaxico Buress if he wished his glock had a couple of those safety's!

tellmaster207 04-18-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake
Ask Plaxico Buress if he wished his glock had a couple of those safety's!

I always wondered what he ventilated himself with.

nickel1911 04-18-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oblivion9
All of the XD safeties are passive. They require proper grip and trigger pull. Nothing to switch or flip. The grip safety lets you reholster without worry about glocking yourself.

I don't mind magazine safeties. The concept us if you get in a hand to hand combat you can drop mag to keep the gun from being discharged. Also if you only have one mag you can pop the mag and take it with you if you need to leave the gun in car.

I always wondered what the concept was behind the mag safeties. Thanks!

hiwall 04-19-2012 01:21 AM

The 1935 Browning Hi-Power has a mag safety, a regular safety, half-cock safety, and an inertia firing pin(for added safety).