Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Thoughts on the Chiappa .44 or .357

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Thoughts on the Chiappa .44 or .357

Wanting to pull the trigger on one of these babies just for the bad ass look to em. Any reports on them good/bad?!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #2

Liked 214 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 15

What , the rino revolver. I'll pass on it. I also pass on bad ass looking. Takes ugly to a new level. Want a shooter that's reliable buy a ruger. Spend the extra money of ammo. If ya got ta have one then buy all means buy it.

read up and make your own mind up-
http://www.bing.com/search?q=rino+revolver+reviews&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=r ino+revolver+reviews&sc=1-20&sp=-1&sk=

Old 07-26-2013, 04:27 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1037 Times on 578 Posts
Likes Given: 432

I was shocked by how light they are. The trigger pull is pretty long, though.

If it held 8 shots and they moved the rail so you could actuate a light with your support hand I'd buy one.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court0861
Wanting to pull the trigger on one of these babies just for the bad ass look to em. Any reports on them good/bad?!
I've never held one, let alone fired. But Jerry Miculek did a YouTube video on them. He doesn't like the grip angle at all. He admits if that's all he ever shot he would get used to it, but he says its radically different than most other firearms.

He knows his revolvers. I trust his opinion on these things.

Supposedly their design is great for reducing recoil, though. I've heard that from several sources.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3002 Times on 2041 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

I've never held one, let alone fired. But Jerry Miculek did a YouTube video on them. He doesn't like the grip angle at all. He admits if that's all he ever shot he would get used to it, but he says its radically different than most other firearms.

He knows his revolvers. I trust his opinion on these things.

Supposedly their design is great for reducing recoil, though. I've heard that from several sources.
That's what makes me want to shoot on and see. If the wife is gonna insist thats all she is going to carry is a 5 or 6 shooter then I want to try and find something that lessens the recoil on a .357. It's either that or sent it to Michigan for a Mag Na Port job...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1489 Times on 1007 Posts
Likes Given: 515

My Ruger Blackhawk is not that bad, even with the "Ruger only" hot handloads. My wife is small and my niece is super petite. Neither one of them have any problems with my Blackhawk, with a 6.5 barrel. Both of the ladies are experienced shooters. My wife bought a Ruger SP101 357 mag with a 2.25" barrel for her EDC.

The design of the Rhino does not lessen the recoil of the pistol. In fact, instead of the usual rocking motion that makes a balanced, conventional revolver, quick and easy to cock you take the recoil right in the palm of your hand with the Rhino.

My wife was intimidated by large caliber handguns until I bought a Blackhawk 357/9mm convertible. She got used to the Blackhawk shooting 9mm cartridges. After a couple sessions with the 9mm she jumped right on the 357 mag. In less than six months after shooting the Blackhawk she came home one day with the SP 101. I also have a Charter mag pug with a 2.5" barrel.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The recoil goes straight through your forearm with minimal barrel rise for fast follow up. I have the snubby I love it but the guys I shoot with hate the grip. But my left wrist is messed up from a motorcycle accident so don't have full strength or rotation so its perfect to control