To those on a tight budget....how are you prioritizing? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > To those on a tight budget....how are you prioritizing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGlock View Post
I usually try to stock up and a little of everything at a time instead of all at once. Couple boxes of ammo here, few magazines yher
Word to ya mutha

Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #52

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Not sure if I should be offended by that, but I buy 1,000 rounds bulk and seen no appreciable change in the price of ammo in the past 12 months. Maybe you shop in the wrong places.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #53

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Where do you go for bulk Dano?

Ill tell ya something.....I posted it already somewhere but a local FFL retailer near me offers bulk ammo discounts ranging from 5-20% off. All you need to hit 20% off is 20+ boxes! I started a FB page in my local area trying to build a big group to take advantage of this. I think EVERYONE should do this in their hometown & see if any retailers want to participate. When I spoke to the owner of the biggest retailer around he LOVED the idea. He literally said bring it on!

20% off ammo is a huge number! If anyone here is in the PA area hit up this link below and LIKE it so I can start growing it!

https://www.facebook.com/BucksAndMontcoGunsAmmoClub

Old 12-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #54

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I am in Pa but do not have facebook, Where is this place?

Old 12-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #55

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

I'll PM ya. Not a big secret or anything but I would like to grow the group first. Its in Bucks county PA on the eastern side of the state...about 30min northwest of Philadelphia

Old 12-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #56

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I use bulkammo.com fairly often. Exceptional service, cheap delivery, and consistent pricing. I usually get my ammo in within two days of order. My last order of .40 cal cost just over $300 including delivery. These guys are awesome.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 332 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 64

The gun and accessories budget got a little tighter for the month yesterday. Ran by a Wal-Mart and they had 14 100 packs of Federal Champion 9mm in stock. Only had enough cash on me to get 8. Puts me back up over 1000 in stock. No .45ACP and oddly enough not a bulk pack of .22 to be found. The kid in the department said he heard that the military was buying up a lot of .22 and that is why the distribution centers don't have any to send. No idea if this has any basis in reality.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #58

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I am in the same boat. Trying to juggle paying my bills, taking care of my son, day to day living and also enjoying this hobby of ours.
What i tend to do is use things like Layaways when possible and using online merchants that do payment plans like sportsmans guide and Cope's.
Grabagun has a pay now shoot later program people might want to look into. Things liek that allow me to make purchases here and there without breaking my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
If I knew back around 2005 that this "hobby" would turn into the biggest addiction of my life, I seriously may have re-considered this lifestyle!

Jokes aside....how do some of you like me, who are on a tight budget, save and assign money towards guns/ammo/supplies/accessories? How disciplined are you and do you follow your own rules?

I need a bit of help in this area, because Ive broken my own rules quite a few times and sometimes find myself feeling guilty after a major ammunition or gun purchase. Im certainly not broke, but that money should absolutely be tucked away into savings for more serious financial purposes.

I'm finally at a place however that I'm 100% happy with in terms of my pistol collection. I was eyeballing the Glock 30SF for an alternate CCW gun for quite soemtime and just couldnt resist the urge to buy it....so I did. I now have (2) 9mm's and (2) 45acp's. 2 Glocks and 2 1911's and I'm happier than a pig in s---! I also have an acceptable supply of ammo, for now.

So, moving ahead I think Ive developed a system that I SWORE to myself I would abide by from now on. Its only fair to my wife & family to carry out this promise.....which is saving approx $50/mo and restricting myself to ONE gun purchase a year.