Thigh holster questions - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Thigh holster questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 07:46 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

06ranger, I don't know if you've found something suitable since your last posts.

If you already use a Fobus holster and are happy with it, Fobus make a drop-leg rig for use with their roto-holster range.

If you got the roto-holster appropriate for your pistol (if you're not already using a roto-holster) and the drop-leg rig it might suit you.

I use one and find it suits me. Holds the pistol securely within easy reach on my thigh and it's very stable provided the thigh strap is properly adjusted and the belt loop is properly secured - belt keepers may be required to stop it sliding around the waist.

If it gets covered in mud it's easily washed off and dried.

Works for me, may not work for you.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54
Safariland thigh's. I used one for some years. They are expensive but they are quality made and will keep the gun secure. Used by many SWAT teams and raid entry teams throughout the country if not the world.
Completely correct. I was on a raid entry team and that's all we used. Solid, durable drop legs.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
Safariland thigh's. I used one for some years. They are expensive but they are quality made and will keep the gun secure. Used by many SWAT teams and raid entry teams throughout the country if not the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recomm View Post
Completely correct. I was on a raid entry team and that's all we used. Solid, durable drop legs.
Indeed and Special Ops teams of all military branches.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
If it's black and made of nylon, it is tactical... No?

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN

Lol correct and narrowed it down to a T. I was with 1st Marine Special Operations Batallion. Safari land is all we have ever used. Held and protected the 1911 flawlessly.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:25 AM   #16

What retention system do those Safariland thigh rigs use?

Old 08-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #17

The safariland holsters are thumb break holsters and are activated by pushing a button on the hood that flips the hood forward and allows for immediate access and withdrawal of your weapon. The stage 2 only has the hood as the safety as where the stage 3 holsters have the hood as well as another button that is depressed after the hood is down to withdraw the weapon.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:11 AM   #18

Thanks, Recomm.

I like the simplicity of my Fobus. No thumb or finger actions, just snap the pistol out. I've found it retains the pistol very well even when running over uneven terrain and climbing hills.