Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   The Test (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/test-55374/)

GlockUSA 01-13-2012 12:28 AM

The Test

So I want to know what the most dependable firearm is in your opinion. I think you can guess the one I pick lol. Who has put their favorite models to the test and how did they perform

Paladin201 01-13-2012 02:59 AM

I've owned two guns that never experienced a single failure, no matter what ammo they were loaded with. One was a Springfield XD9, which I no longer own (too bulky and heavy) and my current Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro. Never owned a Glock. ;)

Papa_Woody 01-13-2012 03:14 AM

I've seen glocks fail, despite the hype. My 92, never ever. Rain and snow no problems. Humid summers and bitter cold winters. I shot everything out of it from hallow points. To cheap ball and even frangibles. I carried it everyday as my service sidearm and never thought twice about it's capabilities in defending my life.

Now I own a Px4, same story... Never a ftf never a hiccup love her dearly.

However, I don't regularly throw my sidearm into a puddle of mud... and marketing is lost on me so what a magazine is paid to depict about a gun is useless in my eyes. I like the tried and true method...and a beretta has never let me down

robocop10mm 01-13-2012 03:22 AM

A single shot shotgun

FaTmAn 01-13-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlockUSA (Post 675542)
So I want to know what the most dependable firearm is in your opinion. I think you can guess the one I pick lol. Who has put their favorite models to the test and how did they perform

im with him g-22

willfully armed 01-13-2012 05:28 AM

How about a g17 OD? (That's slick on the sly)

My Steyr M40A1 has never hiccupped. My Taurus 92 and G34s have only hiccupped due to ammo issues.

danf_fl 01-13-2012 09:05 AM

If I may have a little liberty...

The most UNreliable firearm I've seen was one that came from someone attempting to do mods and not knowing what they were doing.

GlockUSA 01-13-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willfully armed
How about a g17 OD? (That's slick on the sly)

My Steyr M40A1 has never hiccupped. My Taurus 92 and G34s have only hiccupped due to ammo issues.

I had an od 17 but my stupid ass sold it

GlockUSA 01-13-2012 09:40 PM

I see this for shooters a lot. We all have our favorite brands and models. I do like berreta a lot. I had an m9 and it was sweet. I will get a 92 fs ASAP trust that. But my GLOCK did what was told was a factory jam twice and then never again. So all firearms are only as good as the person holding them. But one brand I will never buy again is jimenez arms. I bought one of their JA-22 for jogging and it had FTF almost ever other round. I also hate the sigma series by S&W. I had one and the slide almost came of whilst firing it. Talk about scary.

danf_fl 01-13-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlockUSA (Post 676308)
I had an od 17 but my stupid ass sold it

I would have sold the stupid ass and bought a smart mule. :)