TCP vs LCP--But more specific - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > TCP vs LCP--But more specific

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,474
Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Chuck, your daughter must be a shooter. Those LCPs kick like crazy! Most women that shoot mine don't ask for seconds.

__________________
1911love is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,208
Liked 216 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

beyoundthebox Running a new pistol a bit wet and shooting 400 rounds each thru before cleaning with two tcps with out a single issue is not bad. If your looking for a pistol to throw in a mud puddle to soak and wash in a bucket of water I doubt many small pistols will pass. And thats never been on my test list. Guess you get to deside on your own.

__________________
hardluk1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:17 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,604
Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
beyoundthebox Running a new pistol a bit wet and shooting 400 rounds each thru before cleaning with two tcps with out a single issue is not bad. If your looking for a pistol to throw in a mud puddle to soak and wash in a bucket of water I doubt many small pistols will pass. And thats never been on my test list. Guess you get to deside on your own.
I don't know, depends on the pistol and type. I believe a quality SAO would do fine. I don't believe any DAO or striker would. Either way it'd be fun finding out... ;P
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:27 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gonzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,623
Liked 249 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Chuck, your daughter must be a shooter. Those LCPs kick like crazy! Most women that shoot mine don't ask for seconds.
Not many men ask to shoot a second clip out of mine either...
__________________
Gonzilla is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,208
Liked 216 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

I found with the TCP its easier to shoot one handed that try'n to get to man hands around it. Recoil is not an issue even with corbons or underwoods. My wife and daughter shoot there both one handed and two handed.

__________________
hardluk1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

i dont like to bash products, because I dont think that any company sets out to make something that doesnt work, but it just seems like I have never heard anything good about the TCP. Which is a shame because on the regular around here you can found them for $199.00 all the time.

__________________
jc191122 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gonzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,623
Liked 249 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc191122 View Post
i dont like to bash products, because I dont think that any company sets out to make something that doesnt work, but it just seems like I have never heard anything good about the TCP. Which is a shame because on the regular around here you can found them for $199.00 all the time.
I agree but in essence, the TCP/LCP is a last ditch/stand kinda weapon and MUST be reliable as Job Number 1. Target guns can be finicky but when your life is on the line - the "usual suspects" or excuses just don't seem to cut it.

For Taurus, it seems to be a roll of the dice. There are very happy gun owners but there seems to be a disproportionate number of dissatisfied ones. One FTF member said he was a LGS employee and Taurus was the most returned brand of firearm.

Any mass produced firearm can have "issues" which can be overcome w exceptional customer service. I had one of the recalled LCPs and my experience- overall - was a positive. No idea if my gun received any extra attention (due to recall) but the performance after has been outstanding. Taurus can do this as well - what remains to be seen is - will they ?
__________________

Last edited by Gonzilla; 04-10-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: I can't spell to save my soul
Gonzilla is offline  
jc191122 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,208
Liked 216 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

jc191122 Words of wisdom from a non owner!! I have bought 4 problem handguns from owners that could not make there pistols function reliably. All 4 needed nothing but one of the following. Different ammo, cleaning and lubeing or a different shooter. Hard to know what was wrong as all worked great for me. All are in the hands of family memebers as a couple as CC handguns. Owners tend to be there worst enemy at times with many small lite weight handguns. The TCP as an example has been thru atleast 3 updates. The C is the last and those tend to be reliable in the hands of a skilled shooter. No different with ruger and kt, db sccy, and , and, many updates to those lines too. My last "used" pistol came from a very disgruntaled seasoned shooter. I don't know what he did wrong but that pistol one of my CC guns and now have a couple more of the same line.

Our lgs /general store can't keep the tcps in stock over the last few years. Most times theres rugers and kt 380 sitting on the shelf, not the tcp. So maybe there better than some think. Like many "problem" pistols.

__________________

Last edited by hardluk1; 04-10-2013 at 03:37 PM.
hardluk1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,208
Liked 216 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

beyound the box You might have a hard time proveing that with those early glocks. Those darn things seems to be great as a low or no mantaince pistol for hard use. Don't even need much lube to run fine. Not sure many if any pistols will stand up to 300,000 rounds with no real problems as one ongoing long term test as showed. To bad I can't find a reason to keep one and i have had two , like shooting them even and pretty good with them. Just can't seem to keep them around like many others.

Don't know about micro 380 pistols. I tend to shoot 400 to 500 rounds thru them to proof them and then they only get shot a mag or two at each range trip for other firearms ever couple weeks. Rounds add up but slower after that first 500 rounds with those micro pistols. The girls shoot them more than I do now.

__________________
hardluk1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,604
Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
beyound the box You might have a hard time proveing that with those early glocks. Those darn things seems to be great as a low or no mantaince pistol for hard use. Don't even need much lube to run fine. Not sure many if any pistols will stand up to 300,000 rounds with no real problems as one ongoing long term test as showed. To bad I can't find a reason to keep one and i have had two , like shooting them even and pretty good with them. Just can't seem to keep them around like many others.

Don't know about micro 380 pistols. I tend to shoot 400 to 500 rounds thru them to proof them and then they only get shot a mag or two at each range trip for other firearms ever couple weeks. Rounds add up but slower after that first 500 rounds with those micro pistols. The girls shoot them more than I do now.
Indeed and much agreed on all fronts. I love my Glock, however I never take it shooting with me anymore.
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
I need help finding specific AKs and AR-15s Yuckers General Rifle Discussion 5 12-15-2012 07:34 PM
XD Specific Shooting Class Bob Hostetter XD Forum 4 07-12-2011 05:28 PM
Looking for something specific... mrjbacon .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 13 03-01-2011 06:56 AM