Taurus, reliable? - Page 15
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Taurus, reliable?

View Poll Results: Taurus needed service?
Yes 62 28.57%
No 117 53.92%
N/A 38 17.51%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I had a pt92 9mm, and a 24/7 pro DS in 9mm and both worked out of the box! In occasions my 24/7 would give me a stove pipe 1 out of 400 rounds,but then again i mostly use cheap Blazer ammo since im on a budget.. i heard the 1911s from taurus are great,and i can tell you the pt92 is extremely reliable and always worked for me,i had to sell it to buy me a glock,believe me,i miss that gun..
Old 05-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #142

Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I just got hammered on a local forum for trying to steer a fella away from a new Taurus poly gun. I recounted my experience with the only new one I've ever bought - and I was accused of being a "basher".

Simple honest poll here. If you have owned a Taurus that has had to go back for warranty work - answer yes. If you have owned a Taurus that has been reliable and has not needed warranty work - answer no. If you're never owned a Taurus - answer - N/A...
Owning one of anything and having problems with it is common. Owning one of something and assuming that ALL ones like it are the same-- bashing.

I have a Taurus PT24/7 PRO DS .40 pistol. I have run over 1200 rounds through it without a single issue. I would not assume that ALL Taurus's are malfunction-free-- any more I would assume that all Colts, Rugers, Chevy, Dodge etc are problem free. I know a guy with a brand new Kimber Solo that can't show it to me because its at Kimber- being FIXED. Cost does not equal quality any more than brand name does.

I WOULD buy another Taurus in a second. I love mine and would stake my life on it if needed.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #143
Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Have owned a dozen or more different Taurus models over the years & had ONE revolver that was a pos -
Texan By Birth & Choice
Old 05-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #144
Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Originally Posted by sheriff1000 View Post
I have a Taurus judge sometimes if im shooting alot it will misfire by the firing pin not being able to strike the primer hard enough. I have had the same problem with other revolvers.any advice most appreciated
Could be the ammo. Watch and see if it happens with the same manufacturer, and the same type. Someone might be using hard primers.
Big Gay Al
coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
"Of course I carry a gun, you would too if you were called Big Gay Al"
Old 05-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #145
Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Ok, what's with the rehashing of OLD THREADS again? Seems like some people join just to bring up dead threads. Please don't encourage them...
From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #146
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

In some cases, Skullcrusher is right. In this case, I think the thread should go on. Taurus has had such a bad rap over the years that unless there is a thread like this, positive notes are few and far between. Again, I've never had a problem with any of my Taurus handguns whether pistol or revolver. The pistols are all very accurate and I'm just not an expert with a revolver, but I keep one anyway to practice with. Always works. I just remember to clean them when I'm done with them.