Taurus pt24/7 da/sa ds compact 9mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Taurus pt24/7 da/sa ds compact 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Taurus pt24/7 da/sa ds compact 9mm

I have just bout this gun today ..I have my likes and dislikes .my ? Is there is this part that came with it and I have no idea what it is for can some one please help me?also if u own one or have shot one let me no what u think about the gun!

forumrunner_20120302_035301.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #2

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

That's just a safety block that manufacturers put in the slide sent from the factory. Don't need it now. I used to own a 24/7 pro c that I really liked. Put 1000+ rnds through it with no problems. A lot of people hate on Taurus but in my experience, the 3 that I have owned have never had a problem.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 03-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz
That's just a safety block that manufacturers put in the slide sent from the factory. Don't need it now. I used to own a 24/7 pro c that I really liked. Put 1000+ rnds through it with no problems. A lot of people hate on Taurus but in my experience, the 3 that I have owned have never had a problem.
Thank you...I bought a box of 50rds .went through 45 of them but for sum reason it jammed when I went to fire the last five....any thoughts?
By the way the gun is new

Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

That could be a couple different things. What kind of ammo where you using?

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
That could be a couple different things. What kind of ammo where you using?
I was using aguila....it what they guy at the range recommended...was going to buy bulk but I have never used brown bear ammo ...is it any good?

Old 03-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
I was using aguila....it what they guy at the range recommended...was going to buy bulk but I have never used brown bear ammo ...is it any good?
I haven't used Aguila, but I have used Brown Bear in some of my rifles and haven't had a problem with it. I would test out a box before you go buying it in bulk though just to make sure your pistol likes it (I don't see why it wouldn't though). On the jamming issue it could have been the ammo or a number of other things like the round not seated right in the magazine. I like to tap the back of the magazine to ensure proper seating, it's something we always did in the Marines so it's a habit. Did you clean your pistol good before you shot it?

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 03-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #7

Quote:

I haven't used Aguila, but I have used Brown Bear in some of my rifles and haven't had a problem with it. I would test out a box before you go buying it in bulk though just to make sure your pistol likes it (I don't see why it wouldn't though). On the jamming issue it could have been the ammo or a number of other things like the round not seated right in the magazine. I like to tap the back of the magazine to ensure proper seating, it's something we always did in the Marines so it's a habit. Did you clean your pistol good before you shot it?
No I didnt clean it I bought it and shot it .it is the first semi auto..I have owned sevearl revolvers ...the guy who sold it to me said that it was cause all the lube got hot and gummed up idk? I have heard sum ppl say brown bear is not accurate?

Old 03-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
No I didnt clean it I bought it and shot it .it is the first semi auto..I have owned sevearl revolvers ...the guy who sold it to me said that it was cause all the lube got hot and gummed up idk? I have heard sum ppl say brown bear is not accurate?
That will cause it to jam. Always clean before shooting is a good rule of thumb. It's pistol ammo that you are firing up to what 20 yards? It's accurate enough to get good groupings at that distance. I shot wolf ammo out of my AR (which a lot of people don't like it's accuracy and I had a couple of groups that were on top of each other. So it may not be as "consistent", but it should be just fine for range ammo.

Member:

Old 03-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #9

Quote:

That will cause it to jam. Always clean before shooting is a good rule of thumb. It's pistol ammo that you are firing up to what 20 yards? It's accurate enough to get good groupings at that distance. I shot wolf ammo out of my AR (which a lot of people don't like it's accuracy and I had a couple of groups that were on top of each other. So it may not be as "consistent", but it should be just fine for range ammo.
That's what I am looking fire is range ammo ..so u think I should buy a box of brown bear and a box of wolf and see which proforms better

Old 03-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #10

And yea most of the time its 20yds but some times I shoot 30 40 50 60yds just for fun