taurus pt140
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > taurus pt140

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 06:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default taurus pt140

i have been reading forever about theses and still a tiny bit confused. i just want to know that when i buy mine it is the one i want.
I want the pt140 Mil. Pro that is single and double action. some have said all "pro" models no matter if they are 2nd or 3rd generation models are single/double action. then some save that the 3rd generation pro models are the only ones that are single/double action. And do all have magazine issues?
thanks for the help. my head hurts from reading!
alan

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Looks like double action only to me. Have to ask why is this your choice? Find a range that rents and shoot as many semi auto's as you can. I expect you will find a better choice, it might cost a bit more but something you will be able use well.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Looks like double action only to me. Have to ask why is this your choice? Find a range that rents and shoot as many semi auto's as you can. I expect you will find a better choice, it might cost a bit more but something you will be able use well.
well i like the prices. not totally set on the gun yet. it's just much smaller and lighter than my p89 but i feel it may be too small for me and in a .40 cal. I have fired an older pt140 and i was able to group somewhat fair. just trying to get more opinions and trying to get certain "facts" i read straightened out. I still see many of them online advertised as DA/SA so i'm still unsure about te DAO. thanks for the WDB. anyone else?
thanks,
alan

Old 08-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #4

I don't have a lot of experience with the particular model you're talking about, but I DO have some experiences that might help you.

1. I own a Taurus revolver and it's been flawless.

2. When I worked at a gun shop we sold a lot of Taurus weapons and the owners only came back looking for ammo, not repairs.

HOWEVER...

I stopped by a local gun shop a couple of days ago and was looking at a Taurus like the model you described like Stevie Wonder might look at it. I liked how it fit in my hand. I didn't talk to the salesperson; I talked to the GUNSMITH. He said he's seen a great deal of the latest model Taurus pistols come back in the hands of unhappy owners with various problems. As there were lots of people around and he was busy I didn't ask for details and he didn't offer any.

Like I said, my personal experiences with Taurus have been good, but lately I've heard some talk of new models being problematic.

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com