Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Taurus pt 99af problems (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/taurus-pt-99af-problems-56370/)

homelessguy01 01-26-2012 02:28 PM

Taurus pt 99af problems

1 Attachment(s)
Hi I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has any advice on a problem I've been having.
I love my pt 99 it's a great gun and have had no problems until recently.

what happens is when I'm shooting every other round gets jammed. The empty case isn't fully extracted and it tries to chamber another.

I tried new mags mec gar etc and I'm probably going to have to send it to Taurus.

What is their customer service like? Or is there I can do at home to fix the problem?

Paladin201 01-26-2012 04:01 PM

All I can tell you about their customer service is my one and only horror story. I bought their 1911 a couple of years back. It was defective right out the box. It had a bad case of hammer drop and firing pin safety was non functional. I called and they told to me to send it back.....at my expense. I objected to paying to send back a gun that was blatantly defective right out of the box. After arguments with three different people, and having to fax them a copy of the sales papers to prove I actually bought the gun, they finally agreed to pay for the return shipping. The next day Fed Ex arrived at my house and informed me they'd been contacted by Taurus to pick up a package at my house. I boxed it up real quick and gave it to them. It took almost two months before I got that gun back. I will say the gun was fixed and worked properly after that. But the kick in the pants came a few weeks later when I started getting overdue bills from Fed Ex. It seems that when Fed Ex delivered it to Taurus they refused to pay it, and now Fed Ex was billing me for it....$95 worth. Fed Ex told me that since I was the shipper, I was responsible for the bill, regardless of who arranged the shipment. I called Taurus and was old it was all a big mistake. They had me fax the Fed Ex bill to them and told me they would take care of it. A month later I got a call from a collection agency that Fed Ex had turned the bill over to. It was still not paid. I contacted Taurus once again. They said they didn't know anything about it. It took a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, and letters to the Florida Attorney General's office to get Taurus to pay up. The incident is still a mark on my credit history. I'll never do business with Taurus again.

MrWray 01-26-2012 04:22 PM

Sounds to me like you need a new extractor

Paladin201 01-26-2012 04:48 PM

Or a stronger extraction spring. Those guns have rather small extractors and sometimes they just need a better grip on the cartridge rim. Especially when shooting hotter ammo. A chamber polishing can aid extraction on some guns also.

homelessguy01 01-26-2012 05:43 PM

I'd read some bad reports about Their cust service but that takes the biscuit.

That's kinda why I was holding off sending it back is it a big job swapping out the extractor? will a beretta 92 one fit? I saw a few of them on brownells