Taurus PT-92 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Taurus PT-92

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 01:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikotromus11 View Post
Im lost in the context here. Is H&K the maker of Taurus and Nighthawk the maker of Berrettas?
H&K makes the USP. Taurus makes the PT92. Nighthawk makes custom 1911's. Beretta makes the 92FS and M9.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikotromus11 View Post
Yikes. Nighthawk T3 stainless MSRP is $2,899.95. I'm sure its an awesome firearm, but completely out of my price range. Maybe when I'm old and had it with life and have plenty of money to burn before a terminal illness sets in. =)
Well exactly. USP is a great gun and I feel it's a better deal than a Nighthawk. I guess I made a mistake saying that the HK is just as good as a Nighthawk, but really, who pays near $3,000 for a pistol? I guess you get what you pay for, but I think a USP is definitely a great pistol at a better price. I mean what does a USP cost? I haven't seen them for any more than $1,000. I suppose it depends too. The Tactical version is a little more. MK23 is around $2,000 where I have been able to find it. How about an MK23 USP compared to a Nighthawk?

I guess I'd say a USP is more practical than a Nighthawk. In terms of if you can hit your target, I say it's just as good and I don't think most people will pay $3,000 as opposed to $1,000.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 7 Posts

Obviously JD thinks a Nighthawk is worth the cost along with the other folks on this forum that have one (or more). Your whole post revolves around the price of the gun - which is just one factor. A Hi-Point will sling lead downrange and quite accurately - this must make it the "best" gun available using your criteria.

I'll use the same car analogy I've used before - a Kia and a BMW will both get you from point A to point B, the Kia is way cheaper, do folks that buy a BMW waste their money?

Actually owning and shooting the handguns discussed provides a bit of credibility for your opinions - anything else is just empty speculation. Unless I've owned it and spent some time with a gun in question - I just stay out of the advice business. Just having shot one, a range gun for example, isn't the same as owning - range guns are often poorly maintained and rarely cleaned...

Last edited by NGIB; 09-21-2009 at 09:17 AM.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:38 AM   #14

Default Pt-92

I have owned a taurus pt92 in the past. It was brand new and I put about 2000 rnds through it. It was a fantastic pistol! It ate any ammo I tried and did it with amazing accuracy! Frame mounted safety was what I liked about it and you also can't complain bout 17+1 either. I would recommend this pistol.