Taurus Millenium Pro - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Taurus Millenium Pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
The reason I was looking at Taurus is because years ago I have one model 66 .357 mag. it was ok I had no problems with it.The price caught my eye 419.99 I also looked at the Springfield xd4 .45 with that one I would get 2 spare mags.&holster for about 100 more and a better rep.This gun is just going to be a back up when I go into the woods you never know what you run into!. Thanks for the feed back guys
I don't own a Taurus, BUT my nephew and his dad each have a Taurus revolver that they like (raging bull .44 & a .357 tracker). The nephew is actually wanting to sell his Ruger Redhawk .44 to get another Taurus .44 revolver (i have called dibs). From what i've heard, their revolvers are better than their semi's, but that is all heresay.

I have an XD45 with the 5" geezer barrel. I love it, and it feels quality. I would buy it again. $100 difference is only a few boxes of range ammo; i would get the XD. Be wary of the "holster" though; my buddy's XD9 "holster" had some sand or something in it that put a scratch on his slide day 1. I also find the XD grip safety comforting for some reason.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You probley right about buying the xd and not the Taurus

Old 07-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
You probley right about buying the xd and not the Taurus
Way to be sure is to do a side by side comparison. Are there any ranges in your area that rent pistols out?

You can check here for ranges: Where To Shoot | Home

Either way, i looooove the .45acp; it's doesn't so much kick as push, especially with a full mag.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

I could do without the Taurus. The XD is alright. Try them out and see what you think, which is more important than what we think.
Maybe look into an M&P. But that's just me. I couldn't tell you what to do.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I like my PT-745. Eats all ammo without a burp. My 24/7c in 9mm is compact enough to carry, and really accurate. It also eats all the ammo I can feed it. My PT-101 in .40 is super accurate, but heavy and qualifies as a house gun or truck gun. I have had no problems with any of my Taurus handguns.

Dave

Old 07-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #16

Liked 1845 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 1215

I had a PT111 Millenium Pro. Weak primer strike brand new out of the box. Started out missfiring about 1 or 2 rounds out of a box of 50. After about 200 rounds it started misfiring about 1 or 2 out of each mag full. It was totally unreliable. I also had a M85 Ultralite. It shaved lead right out of the box. If you shot jacketed ammo it would lock up the cylinder after 2 shots. Total piece of crap. I have owned two Taurus guns. I wouldn'd own another if I got it for free.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #17

the way I see it is,
The more budget concerned person will buy a Taurus and if it happens to be one that works they will praise it, where the people who have used or owned higher level weapons will have more experience to praise or complain on the brand. This usually makes the budget guys mad and call the higher budget guys snobs and the like because they feel they are only saying bad things on the cheaper brands because they own more expensive brands, that isn't true. It only looks that way because they are getting compared to a higher quality and priced piece. I'll just use my personal experience for an example, I've shot a lot of kimbers and recently a les baer, now on the 4th of july weekend I shot my cousins taurus 1911 and was surprised by the amount of difference in the quality in the 3 brands. I know for sure it turned me off taurus in general because of the lower level of fit and finish and especially the trigger that was real creepy and sloppy imo.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey View Post
the way I see it is,
The more budget concerned person will buy a Taurus and if it happens to be one that works they will praise it, where the people who have used or owned higher level weapons will have more experience to praise or complain on the brand. This usually makes the budget guys mad and call the higher budget guys snobs and the like because they feel they are only saying bad things on the cheaper brands because they own more expensive brands, that isn't true. It only looks that way because they are getting compared to a higher quality and priced piece. I'll just use my personal experience for an example, I've shot a lot of kimbers and recently a les baer, now on the 4th of july weekend I shot my cousins taurus 1911 and was surprised by the amount of difference in the quality in the 3 brands. I know for sure it turned me off taurus in general because of the lower level of fit and finish and especially the trigger that was real creepy and sloppy imo.
U da man!!!

Great post!

Old 07-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
U da man!!!

Great post!
thank you I was trying to make sure I didn't step on any ones toes while making my point known

Old 07-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #20

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

+1 Korey

Taurus PT-145 failure to fire

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello