Taurus 9mm with cracked barrel - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Taurus 9mm with cracked barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Bought a PT-908 a number of years ago,was a POS right out of the box. Sent it back to Taurus,they had it for 2 months, called Miami, talked to some fool,who told me they had a very large backup,( lots of work and no gunsmiths ) he promised me it would be repaired quickly. three weeks later I got my PT-908 back with a letter explaining the repairs that their smith had made. My next session at the range,same problem failure to extract. Soooo,I shipped it back to Miami,another 2 months go by,called again,I was told that my pistol had been shipped back the previous week,about 2 weeks later my pistol showed up ,and i took it back to the range,GUESS WHAT it still woud'nt extract the fired case. Took my pistol home ,cleaned it ,and sold it,at a great loss. Bought a Glock 23 and to date I've shot at least 8000 round without any problems, A real QUALITY product. Stay away from that Brazialian trash.Taurus Semi Autos are good for one thing and one thing only (PAPER WEIGHTS) never ,ever trust your life with a Taurus. just my 2cents.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2983 Times on 1554 Posts
Likes Given: 275

Taurus has had some QC issues especially with the PT-99's. I would not consider them serious fighting handguns.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc View Post
Got a taurus pt-99.

Anybody have any experience with Taurus Warranty repairs??

I'm guessing that it'll take about three weeks, hopefully not longer.
...Well my PT99 has been at Taurus for a bad slide ( machined off location ) for the second time since I bought it in September. They've had it this time since Dec. 3rd and I still haven't heard anything from them. So far they've had it for 3 of the 4 months I've owned it......Never again...

Old 01-08-2009, 07:13 AM   #14

Hoping it doesn't take that long for repair...I've heard 3-5 weeks mostly...I'd be calling daily if it took months.

Anyway...not really sure I want to rely on Taurus in the future. Seriously think I'll sell this one, when I get it returned, as well as my snubbie Taurus .357 snubbie 605S. Get something more reliable, thinking 3" XD.40, .40XDm, or S&W snubbie.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #15

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Do the revolvers have issues? I really wanted a Judge, but I can't afford to throw money away right now.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Do the revolvers have issues? I really wanted a Judge, but I can't afford to throw money away right now.

Do your self a favor,and eliminate any headaches,stay away from Taurus junk ! JMO

Old 01-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #17

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc View Post
Also had problems with the rear sights coming loose...asked them to repair that as well. I'm definitely looking at getting something different....would love the Colt of Kimber, but out of my $$ range. Maybe the Beretta or an XD.
JC, depends on how you use the gun.

Is it a pop can plinker, range lizard or does it function as a carry?

Budget works for the first two, but your (my) life is not based on $$ but on confidence in the weapon. My two regular carries are Colts, not because of how much $$ I spent on them but because I trust them with my life.

One of my favorite range lizards is my Glock 22, a fun gun but paper targets don't respond in kind! If the barrel goes kb I only need to duck the shrapnel and not a Tango's incoming!

If you’re considering a Beretta or XD you are only a short time in saving from the Colt or Kimber. If you shop wisely, and we get passed this feeding frenzy of "The Arming of the True American Backbone" (I bet its scaring the sh!t out of the libs) you will find some real bargains.

Trust me on this one, when the wanta-bees regain their common sense (if they ever had any) and realizes they don’t need 3 of the same style guns or 5K rounds of ammo. These ‘new’ guns will start to show up as used and at bargain $$.

Be smart, and I know you are because you are doing your research and you’re a member of this forum, and do one of the hardest things us humans must do. That is to use your intellect, rather than emotion to make decisions. This emotion driven, must-buy-it-now activity is evidenced by the heard mentality of the current noboma feeding frenzy.

I take the advice, and share it with you, from an old drag racing friend who said, “Sometimes you just need to drive through the tire shake.” Stick it out, it will get better when the demand slows. If the market reacts, as it always does, by ramping up of production and inventories there will be a glut. Look at the price of oil!

Get what you need now, and wait for what you want. This time it will work, trust me, price is based only on demand.

cane

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-13-2009, 06:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylS View Post
...Well my PT99 has been at Taurus for a bad slide ( machined off location ) for the second time since I bought it in September. They've had it this time since Dec. 3rd and I still haven't heard anything from them. So far they've had it for 3 of the 4 months I've owned it......Never again...
...Just to keep you updated on Taurus Warranty response and service...This PT99 is STILL at Taurus and absolutely no word as to when or IF it will be repaired or replaced. Last I heard some weeks ago was that they were waiting on parts...What
"parts" are they waiting for if the slide was machined bad enough to make it look like it was going sideways when cycled???...I'm hoping the new "parts" is a new slide entirely ( doubtful ) or a new gun ( hopeless )...

...When it comes to Customer Service Taurus would be better at "chicken farming" IMHO...

Old 02-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #19

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylS View Post
...Just to keep you updated on Taurus Warranty response and service...This PT99 is STILL at Taurus and absolutely no word as to when or IF it will be repaired or replaced. Last I heard some weeks ago was that they were waiting on parts...What
"parts" are they waiting for if the slide was machined bad enough to make it look like it was going sideways when cycled???...I'm hoping the new "parts" is a new slide entirely ( doubtful ) or a new gun ( hopeless )...

...When it comes to Customer Service Taurus would be better at "chicken farming" IMHO...
You need to go over here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/why-taurus-hate-10838/
and let scrapper know!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
Good thing it IS a Taurus.....unusual failure BUT barrel will be replaced under lifetime warranty.

When the Glock barrel fails...and it will...you will be lucky IF it doesnt KB and Glock will tell you to go to hell ! Get an after market barrel for the Glock...and smile when the Taurus comes back with a new barrel.

Expect it to take 4 to 5 weeks. I would not be otherwise concerned about the Taurus !
They might tell you to go to hell because you were instructed not to use poor mans ammo "reloads" and I don’t blame them, and it's been proven that all the KB's from Glock's came from reloads.

Glock 27 carrier