Is the Taurus 24/7 a good pistol? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Is the Taurus 24/7 a good pistol?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 03:34 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolan
As I said...have a 24/7 and have no complaints about mine yet either. My concern is parts availability should it become inoperable and useless. Other owners complain about waiting months for parts. If they don't have parts for a relatively new gun now, what will situation be in the future? Didn't mention this before, but bought original one from Davidson's Gun Genie with lifetime replacement. Hadn't even shot it but dry-firing with dummy round to break in trigger, the trigger broke (wouldn't fire single or double....went limp disconnected). Back to my dealer and Davidsons delivered the one I have now the next afternoon. That's customer service (!!!) and that is what many other people have been complaining about. If I had to ship back to Taurus at my expense, how long would I have to wait? I'll never know, hopefully!
It costs nothing to send it back to taurus for them to fix it... my ex brother inlaw broke my trigger assembly and it didnt cost me a dime to have it sent back and it shoots great in every way

Old 12-22-2011, 04:01 AM   #22

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I had to pay shipping on both my repairs, as have the two other guys who've had to use the warranty.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-22-2011, 04:03 AM   #23

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

The best customer service is the one that you never have to use. Since my time on this forum it seems like Taurus CS and Kimber CS stays the busiest

Old 12-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
I had to pay shipping on both my repairs, as have the two other guys who've had to use the warranty.
Thats wierd didnt cost me a dime i took it back to were i bought it they shipped it and fixed it no questions asked...and it wasnt the guns fault it broke it was my ex brother inlaw that took it apart and broke it

Old 12-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Honestly, I would add another $50 to $100 and buy a much better gun.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #26

Default Matter of Faith

Maybe it's a matter of "faith" among Taurus owners, do you "believe" or not. Guess I'm a "doubting Thomas" or perhaps an "agnostic"? Don't think the Lord cares if my gun breaks or not, so don't bother mentioning that in my prayers.

Last edited by doolan; 12-24-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I would either save another hundred bucks and buy a more reputable gun, or buy a good pre-owned gun.
Only Taurus made gun I ever bought was a Raging Bull 44 mag...never even got to shoot it. The cylinder would not spin properly, sometimes it would rotate to the next, others it wouldn't. Not that it mattered though, the cylinder wouldn't even close when you put rounds into it. The guy at the store was awesome, he saw the problem and knew it had not been fired...I had purchased it not two hours before, he took it back and said he would deal with Taurus...I ended up with store credit, which I used toward a Sig.
My Father in Law owns several Taurus pistols. One of his two TCP .380's broke during it's first mag, trigger would not work at all, just went limp. The other had been perfectly fine. He has a Millennium .45 which feels good and is pretty accurate, but does good to make it two mags without jamming.
I'm just not sold on the lifetime warranty...your lifetime could end up a lot shorter if your gun breaks when you call on it to save your life.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 12-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #28

Liked 118 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

The only Taurus I have is a PT-22 that I traded a load of gravel for - - - NIB nice to train with and has never had a problem.

Gets the intimidation factor out of small women thus allowing them to get the basics down, improve and move up to something better.

It came with 2 mags, holster, plastic case, gold inlays, custom rosewood grips. Marked $218.00 Customer needed a load of engineering fill ( $180.00 delivered ) and we made the trade.

For what I use it for it is great!

Old 12-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #29
SIG

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

In my opinion, Taurus pistols are bought by people who are strapped for cash and can't afford a better quality gun. I've had no problems with their revolvers over the years but their semi-autos are hit and miss as far as quality control goes. - I've owned numerous Taurus pistols in all calibers and never had one that didn't have problems so I gave up on them years ago. I also work in a LGS and invariably the complaints we have center mostly on Taurus and they are the ones most often returned for warranty repairs for reliability issues.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIG
In my opinion, Taurus pistols are bought by people who are strapped for cash and can't afford a better quality gun. I've had no problems with their revolvers over the years but their semi-autos are hit and miss as far as quality control goes. - I've owned numerous Taurus pistols in all calibers and never had one that didn't have problems so I gave up on them years ago. I also work in a LGS and invariably the complaints we have center mostly on Taurus and they are the ones most often returned for warranty repairs for reliability issues.
I own the third generation tauras pt 247 pro ds and it has had no problems at all and ive put hundreds of rounds thru it