Is the Taurus 24/7 a good pistol? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Is the Taurus 24/7 a good pistol?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 12:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD Woods
I have 2 full sized 9mm PT92's and 2 compact .45ACP PT145's. All 4 are accurate as hell to about 20 to 30 yards. I needed a repair only once and it was done quickly and correctly. They come with a Lifetime warranty and for the money are great guns to have.
I had to have one repair also but it was my ex brotherinlaws fault he broke my trigger assembly cause i was dumb enough to let him take it apart and look at it but it was sent off and the trigger assembly was fixed with not one question askes they just fixes it and sent it back thats one reason i love taurus pistols

Old 11-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #12

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter88

I had to have one repair also but it was my ex brotherinlaws fault he broke my trigger assembly cause i was dumb enough to let him take it apart and look at it but it was sent off and the trigger assembly was fixed with not one question askes they just fixes it and sent it back thats one reason i love taurus pistols
Let me correct myself they replaced the trigger assembly they didnt fix it they just replaced the whole thing

Old 11-29-2011, 03:33 AM   #13

I have had 4 24/7 pistols. I love the way they fit my hand and they way they shoot. The first I has was a 45ACP and before i sold it I could not shoot an entire mag through it w/o a jam. Taurus sent me 2 new mags but that did not help. I now own 3 all in 9mm. None of these 3 have never given me a single problem. I just sent one of mine to Taurus to fix something stupid I did, and they have notified me that it is not repairable and they are sending me a new gun. Can't beat that. I would buy another one in a heartbeat, as long as it was 9mm.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You know, I've noticed in gun forums, that when a thread says Taurus in it, that the people who love them and the people who hate them all flock to the post to pitch in their two cents about why Taurus either rocks or sucks.

I'll sit aside this one...

Old 12-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #15

Default 24/7 and thanks for letting me vent!

Hi all...have a 24/7 pro ds 12 rd and had no problems of any kind through over 300+ rds of FMJ and HP of every good brand. My concern is when I hear complaints about poor customer service and non-availability of parts. They seem to be very prolific about bringing out dozens and dozens of models in every color and style, how about providing support to your customers and making them want to buy more of your guns in the future? We're supposed to get excited about the NEW G2 model when custserv says they don't have parts for a broken 24/7. Seems pretty stupid way to run a business, makes me wonder about their other manufacturing decisions. I've had Star PD 45 and Star Firestar 9mm. I have Star 30PK 9mm, Keltec PF9 and Phoenix 22 cal in addition to my Kahrs, CZ, Colt, Smith, etc.. Point is it's great getting an "inexpensive" gun if it's a great gun, not only for 300 rds but down the road. Had the original Mini 14 but had to trade for a new one cause Ruger stopped making parts that would have made mine a wall-hanger in the future. That p's me off! Liked the good old days when they all made fewer, classic models that stood the test of time. When a kid, used to peruse catalogs over and over lusting after all of them, even single barrel Win or Savage shotguns. Those were the days!

Old 12-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2834 Times on 1407 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Like so many things in life, it depends on who you ask.
I own a Taurus revolver. It's serviceable.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 12-20-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #17

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'm 100% pro-taurus.

I've owned 7 of them. 3 being 24/7. 2 service, 1 compact.

I loved the compact, perfect size, excellent accuracy.

The 4" guns both had problems. The first had a bad Barrel. 4 of 17 rds on paper at 10 yards. They replaced the barrel and now its 100% reliable. The second had a broken extractor, which they fixed, and now its fine.

24/7 is the only model I've had trouble with.

I'm still pro Taurus

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #18

Mine is a 4" also. Just wanted to point out that I had and have so called "cheap" guns that are great. My 24/7 has great ergonomics, is accurate, feeds everything and love it. Revolvers are one thing, but was skeptical of an auto-loader from Taurus. But when the 24/7 got gun of the year and was developed for military trials, I was interested. Time will tell how it holds up, but why bring out a new model when you don't have parts in stock for your previous guns. The 24/7 is not an "old" model, that's inexcusable. My beef is with any manufacturer who no longer supports their products, not just guns. There are makers of trash guns out there, I don't put Taurus or Ruger in that category.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #19
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a PT 740 Slim Line in .40 S&W and have no complaints about it.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #20

As I said...have a 24/7 and have no complaints about mine yet either. My concern is parts availability should it become inoperable and useless. Other owners complain about waiting months for parts. If they don't have parts for a relatively new gun now, what will situation be in the future? Didn't mention this before, but bought original one from Davidson's Gun Genie with lifetime replacement. Hadn't even shot it but dry-firing with dummy round to break in trigger, the trigger broke (wouldn't fire single or double....went limp disconnected). Back to my dealer and Davidsons delivered the one I have now the next afternoon. That's customer service (!!!) and that is what many other people have been complaining about. If I had to ship back to Taurus at my expense, how long would I have to wait? I'll never know, hopefully!

Last edited by doolan; 12-21-2011 at 09:19 PM.