Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Taurus 24/7 .40 sub-compact

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Taurus 24/7 .40 sub-compact

if anyone has a Taurus 24/7 .40 sub-compact pistol or if anyone heard anything about it, i would like some feedback on the good and the bad. i have it narrowed down to 3 guns and this is one along with the xd and s&w 40's sub-compact. thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #2

I have a 24/7 Pro CDS compact. It has the 3 1/3" barrel. If this is what you are talking about I like it overall. Comfortable to shoot, goes bang every time, is more accurate than me (not a great shot) although my P95 Ruger will out shoot it. It is fairly thick but not more so than most. Sights on mine leave a little to be desired. Overall I am happy with it. I purchased it used a month or so ago and thought if I did not like it I would sell it. I am going to keep it. Mine came with a 11 round and a 15 round mag but I like the 11 round the best. Wife likes it very well and my 19 year old son shot it a lot when he was back from school. Dad was supplying ammo . I have not had any issues so far and have run about 500 rounds through it. It was used but in like new condition when I bought it. I went after a Springfield XDM but it was gone when I decided to get it. I think I would like the XDM better.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #3

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

The QC at Taurus is the most iffy in the industry. Spend 20 minutes on Google and you'll find out that folks either get a gun they love or a gun they hate. If you do get one that needs repair - their customer service is also the worst there is. This is not bashing - this is personal experience. I bought a new 24/7 Pro a couple years ago and it failed within a week at less that 100 rounds fired.

The gun was returned to Taurus and they had it for over 12 weeks before it was returned. Yes, it was fixed but I traded it away at a loss and will never repeat that again. Now, many folks get a Taurus gun that is 100% OK - I just don't like crap shoots when it comes to guns.

Personally, the XD or the M&P are both proven reliable platforms and the customer service at Springfield and Smith & Wesson is top notch. BTW, I have a lot of handguns and the only poly guns I own is an XD...