Target 9mm? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Target 9mm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2187 Times on 1290 Posts
Likes Given: 475

I've shot very good groups with Berretta M9 and 92 FS pistols in bullseye matches. A good 1911 is good too for target shooting. For run and gun games I prefer Glocks, but the XDm is not a bad way to go either. I've seen them do well in competitions.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #12

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdemotte View Post

I couldn't agree more the Cz-75 is by far the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. This beats out some of my other favorites like Sig 226 and glock 17.
Yeah. My father in law is a big glock guy and had the cz laying around. I got it for $150 not thinkin much of it. But man , its pretty impressive.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #13

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin5272
Go to czcustomshop.com and check out some of their target 75's they can get expensive but for a gun of that quality it is worth it.
Alright I will definitely check that out thanks.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
I have been very happy with the used CZ75b i picked up for $400~. I would prefer a decocker model, though; manually riding that hammer down is unsettling to me.
I will remember that if I decide on the CZ. The model with the decocker isn't much more expensive

Old 01-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #15

Thanks for all of the feed back. I was really hoping to hear a lot about the CZ so thanks. Right now its probably between the XDM 5.25 and the CZ. I think the xdm has the advantage with the adjustable sights and longer sight radius, but I hear such good things about the CZ. I wish I could buy both!

Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I don't have an XDM, but i do have an XD45, and a good shooting buddy has the XD9. I know the XDm grips are supposed to be very comfortable with their switchable backstraps, but my CZ has the MOST comfortable grip i've personally ever felt on a semiauto pistol.

Maybe you can rent each for a side-by-side comparison? http://wheretoshoot.org/Find_Range/index.asp see if you can find a range on there with rental options in your area. Either would be a great pistol, IMO. Neither my XD45 nor my CZ75b has ever jammed or malfunctioned on me after hundreds of rounds.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
I don't have an XDM, but i do have an XD45, and a good shooting buddy has the XD9. I know the XDm grips are supposed to be very comfortable with their switchable backstraps, but my CZ has the MOST comfortable grip i've personally ever felt on a semiauto pistol.

Maybe you can rent each for a side-by-side comparison? http://wheretoshoot.org/Find_Range/index.asp see if you can find a range on there with rental options in your area. Either would be a great pistol, IMO. Neither my XD45 nor my CZ75b has ever jammed or malfunctioned on me after hundreds of rounds.
Yea my brother in law has the Xdm 9mm with 4.5" barrel and he loves it. It is a very comfortable gun to shoot. I imagine the 5.25 would be basically the same. I do want to shoot the CZ75B and see what its like. I've shot a friend's CZ 9mm before and liked it but it wasn't the 75B. Hopefully the range close to me has these 2 available for rent.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #18

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Any cz feed problems I've had are due to cheap ammo. I can shoot 1000 of my handloads through it without a hiccup. It don't jam much at all, but when it does its with cheap ammo.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1586 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 548

For run and gun games the XD is your only choice. You will not be allowed to compete fairly with any gun with a decocker/safety on the slide. People say it's not hard to flip the safety with your thumb. I have bear sized hands. Still when I have to flip the safety on the slide it's three shots before I am holding the gun properly with both thumbs pointing in the same direction.

When I carry my gun the decocker is disabled. Yet when I shoot a match I am forced to shoot with the decocker engaged. People have said write IDPA to get a letter stating the rule on such guns. I have a letter (not an email) from IDPA with an IDPA letterhead stating it's my choice to engage the decocker. SO's ignore the letter and say comply or go home. I have wrote IDPA corporate about the situation. With the price and difficulty of acquiring ammo today I am not shooting any more matches.

If run and gun is on your mind get an XD or a Glock.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-11-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
For run and gun games the XD is your only choice. You will not be allowed to compete fairly with any gun with a decocker/safety on the slide. People say it's not hard to flip the safety with your thumb. I have bear sized hands. Still when I have to flip the safety on the slide it's three shots before I am holding the gun properly with both thumbs pointing in the same direction.

When I carry my gun the decocker is disabled. Yet when I shoot a match I am forced to shoot with the decocker engaged. People have said write IDPA to get a letter stating the rule on such guns. I have a letter (not an email) from IDPA with an IDPA letterhead stating it's my choice to engage the decocker. SO's ignore the letter and say comply or go home. I have wrote IDPA corporate about the situation. With the price and difficulty of acquiring ammo today I am not shooting any more matches.

If run and gun is on your mind get an XD or a Glock.
Good info thanks! I was already leaning towards the XDM bc of the adjustable sights and longer sight radius, but I think this pretty much seals it for me. I think I will still go shoot both just to get a feel for them bc who knows maybe in the future I will buy the CZ as well.