Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SW99C parts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Hello,
I have been reading this forum for months collecting info before I bought my 1st handgun a glock 23, I never had to ask a question due to I found most by searching. This forum has been a great help.

I just bought a used SW99C because I feel that I received a good deal, I originally wanted a G27. Anyways I need a little help finding spare parts, This is a discontinued model and in no way like my Glock where I can just google and parts will just pop up.
The guide rod is what worries me the most, It just looks and feels flimsy and I would like to have an extra one on hand just in case this one goes. Does any one know if the Walther p99 compact guide rod will fit or where I may find spare parts for this sw99c? One more thing, What other parts should I stock up on for this discontinued sw99c.
Thank you for any help sent my way

imag3462.jpg  

Rain, snow or sleet.... Mud, sand and dirt.... My GLOCK will work ;)

Last edited by PlasticGunner; 02-28-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Contact S&W and see if they have one to sell. They may still have the parts. IF not - go check out the Walther Forum and ask them if the same Walther P99c recoil spring will work. I would bet it would. The fullsize P99 and SW99 used the same guiderod. The two compacts likely does too

Old 03-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck
Contact S&W and see if they have one to sell. They may still have the parts. IF not - go check out the Walther Forum and ask them if the same Walther P99c recoil spring will work. I would bet it would. The fullsize P99 and SW99 used the same guiderod. The two compacts likely does too
I was going to use the same response. I have an SW99 and it swaps everything with p99. I would assume the compacts do the same.

BTW Shipwreck, +1 on the Jagr jersey. GO FLYBOYS!

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
BTW Shipwreck, +1 on the Jagr jersey. GO FLYBOYS!
Haha... I actually flew up to Philly 2 weeks ago and got a jersey and photo signed by Jags

Old 03-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks for the reply's,
I have been out of work for a few day due to a hurt back and have had a lot of time to search the net with more intense. After I posted this I have found that I needed to search for SW9940C and not just SW99C and more results would appear. I found midwayusa can special order parts but it will take about 60 days to arrive. I then found
BT guide rods and they make guide rods for the P99C, I contacted them and they told me if it does not fit they will give me a refund and that sold me, One is on the way. I did find some factory mags on Ebay and will bid on the as long as price is right. I really like this sw99c nice little gun, I like the trigger better then my G23's.

Oh I did contact S&W by Email, Not much help all they said is that the gun is discontinued and they still have parts..... Not telling me how to order them.
I will go look at the Walther forum. Thank for the help

Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Call the 800 # from S&W and ask for the parts department.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Will do, I guess I'm just so use to email.....